Subject: Re: [OPSEC] Poll for WG adoption of "draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield"

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 09:58:04 +0100

Hi,

I took a look at draft-gont-opsec-dhcpv6-shield-01.txt and in general
the subject seems reasonably well explained. I am wondering, however,
why this is called "DHCPv6-Shield" while it seems the more established
term for this type of functionality is "DHCP Snooping" on IPv4
networks.

I am also not sure whether there is actually a document defining DHCP
snooping for IPv4 networks, the I-D mentions IPv4 DHCP snooping but
provides no reference. If there is no specification of DHCP snooping,
I am wondering whether the scope of this document should not be DHCP
snooping in general, that is covering both IPv4 and IPv6 DHCP
snooping.

Editorial nits:

- item 4. talks about RA-Guard, probably a cut-n-paste error.

/js

-- 
Juergen Schoenwaelder           Jacobs University Bremen gGmbH
Phone: +49 421 200 3587         Campus Ring 1, 28759 Bremen, Germany
Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <http://www.jacobs-university.de/>