Subject: one more OSPF MIB Question

From: "Jeyanath Minto J - CTD, Chennai." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 18:27:29 +0530

hi,
        In common practice Loopback interfaces are Advertise to all areas.
      But in rfc1850, ospfHostAreaID is not a Index of ospfHostEntry.
      My Question is, dont we add the area Id also as index of the host
table?
      The Index must be {ospfHostIpAddress, ospfHostTOS, ospfHostAreaID }.
      am i right ? or is anyother solution exist ?

Cheers
Minto

-----Original Message-----
From: Roy Jose [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 9:31 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: OSPF MIB support for multiple OSPF processes

Hi,

Rfc1850 doesn't talk about what to be done regarding the retrieval(GET) of
MIB values when multiple OSPF processes exist on a router. Out first
impression is to return details about all the processes. The problem is
while selecting values for MIB objects like
ospfRouterId,ospfAreaBdrRtrStatus, ospfASBdrRtrStatus etc. They may differ
in separate processes. The Qn is, can we really support multiple processes
with rfc1850?

Thanks,
Roy

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 09:07:27 -0500

>         In common practice Loopback interfaces are Advertise to all areas.

This isn't part of the OSPF standard. In fact, it has been my experience that
some implementations will occillate between areas when the same stub network
is advertised in multiple areas.

--
Acee