Subject: Document Action: Alternative OSPF ABR Implementations to Informational

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:28:53 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Alternative OSPF ABR
Implementations' <draft-ietf-ospf-abr-alt-05.txt> as an Informational
RFC.  This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP
Working Group.  The IESG contact persons are Bill Fenner and Alex Zinin.

RFC Editor Note:

 Section 1.1 "Introduction", first paragraph

 OLD:
       An OSPF routing domain can be split into several subdomains,
         called areas, which limit the scope of LSA flooding. According
       to [Ref1] a router having attachments to multiple areas is called
       an "area border router" (ABR). The primary function of an ABR is
       to provide its attached areas with Type-3 and Type-4 LSAs (which
       are used for describing routes and ASBRs in other areas) as well
       as to perform actual inter-area routing.

 NEW:
       An OSPF routing domain can be split into several subdomains,
       called areas, which limit the scope of LSA flooding. According
       to [Ref1] a router having attachments to multiple areas is called
       an "area border router" (ABR). The primary function of an ABR is
       to provide its attached areas with Type-3 and Type-4 LSAs, which
       are used for describing routes and AS boundary routers (ASBRs) in
       other areas, as well as to perform actual inter-area routing.