Subject: Neighbor state change

From: Paresh Khatri <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 08:31:04 +1000

Hi,

From reading rfc2328, it would appear that it is possible for a neighbor in a 'Down' state to receive a '2-Way Received' event.  However, the state diagram (Figure 12) does not include this possibility and there is no explicit mention of that anywhere else.  

Am I reading this wrong or is it really possible ?

TIA,
Paresh Khatri.

---

From: Ashish Zalani <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:49:36 -0400

Paresh,

> >From reading rfc2328, it would appear that it is possible for a neighbor
> in a 'Down' state to receive a '2-Way Received' event.  However, the
> state diagram (Figure 12) does not include this possibility and there is
> no explicit mention of that anywhere else.
>

I do not believe "2-Way Received" is a valid event for a neighbor in "Down"
state. The only valid events in the "Down" state are "Start" or "Hello
Received".

Hope this helps.

-Ashish.