Subject: OSPFv3 : Referenced LS Type for Intra-Area-Prefix LSA

From: Ankur Sheth <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 09:52:28 -0800

Section 3.4.3.7 of RFC 2740 (Page 32-35) states that the value to be used
for Referenced LS Type is 0x2001 when it is a Router LSA reference and
0x2002 when it is a Network LSA reference.  However Section A.4.9 of the
same RFC (Page 71-73) states "...If Referenced LS type is 1, the prefixes
are associated with a router-LSA, .....     If Referenced LS type is 2, the
prefixes are associated with a network-LSA....".

My question is which is the correct one?  I know of atleast 2 vendors who
use 0x2001 and 0x2002.

thanks,
  Ankur

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 13:14:17 -0500

> My question is which is the correct one?  I know of atleast 2 vendors who

Ankur,

0x2001 and 0x2002 are correct. Section A.4.9 has left out the flooding scope
portion of the LSA type. I'm keeping track of these omissions (in case we
ever re-issue RFC 2740 with update) and I will update the errata page with
the RFC editor.

>   Ankur

Thanks,
--
Acee