Subject: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-06.txt

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:54:44 -0400

This is the start of a Working Group last call for
draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-06.txt, OSPF Version 2 Management
Information Base. All comments must be received by Wednesday,
May 7th, 2003.

This document reached the AD review phase once before but
we decided to add MIB support for recent OSPF extensions.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-06.txt
--
Acee

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 14:30:00 -0400

We've decided do another revision of this draft prior to WG
last call. If you forward comments quickly (I don't have an
exact date), they can be incorporated into the next revision.

Thanks,
Acee

--
Acee

---

From: Erblichs <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 13:54:47 -0700

Acee,

        After a quick look here are a few possible changes/additions for you
        and your group...

        1) No "Wait timer" with the other timers in 1.6 Default configuration.

        1b) Don't see a ospfIfWaitinterval object..

        Yes, the value is RouterDeadInterval by default and it applies only to
BMA.

        2) Associated with ospfExternLsaChksumSum
           Why don't you support a query of the number of ChkSum failures
           within the LSDB since bootup?

        3) Query of Overflow state. Current and past. Past tells you
           whether you have ever entered the OverflowState due to
           exceeding the ospfExtLsdbLimit..

        I am only seiing OverlowInterval...

        4) Query on CongestionState. Current and past. This I know is a
stretch!

        5) Ability to Reset counters ((ospRxNewLsas, ospfSpfRuns, et)
ATOMICLY..
           These would be reset to 0. Yes, in effect it does change the state
to
           READ-WRITE from READ-ONLY.

        Mitchell Erblich
        Sr Software Engineer
        ==========================