Subject: Re: Working Group Last Call for draft-ietf-ospf-mib-update-06.txt

From: Jeff Parker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:36:04 -0400

> > What other TE stuff would we need?
>
>  From a configuration standpoint, there is also TE color. From a
> monitoring standpoint, there is all the bandwidth state. How did
> ISIS handle this?

IS-IS doesn't configure TE information, anymore than it configures
the MTU.  It just finds stuff through some implementation dependant
method and reports it.

This is visible through the LSP Database (Link State PDU, not
Label Switched Path) which allows someone to see what is being
flooded.

- jeff parker

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:36:31 -0400

> Label Switched Path) which allows someone to see what is being

Sounds reasonable. So why would we want to allow configuration or
visibility of TE information in the OSPF MIB?

Thanks,
--
Acee