Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 07:32:09 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Authentication/Confidentiality for OSPFv3
        Author(s)       : M. Gupta, N. Melam
        Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt
        Pages           : 7
        Date            : 2003-4-18

This document describes means/mechanisms to provide
authentication/confidentiality to OSPFv3 using IPv6 AH/ESP Extension
Header.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
        [email-masked].
In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mukesh Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 10:23:26 -0500

The changes to the draft:

- Section 5 points to the RFCs instead of dictating the mandatory algorithms
- Corrected link local address mask to 10 from 16 in section 9.
- Details about what interfaces rules for virtual links should be installed on.
- Mandate using first prefix with "LA-bit" set from the intra-area-prefix-LSAs, as the source address of the packets exchanged over the virtual links.

regards
Mukesh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: ext [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 4:32 AM
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-auth-01.txt
> 
>