Subject: Notice of WG last call on Diff Serv TE Protocol draft in TEWG (fwd)

From: Rohit Dube <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 12:44:43 -0400

Forwarding Jim's email since it didn't make it to the ospf list on its
own.

--rohit.

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 23:52:46 -0400 (EDT)
From: Jim Boyle <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>,
        <[email-masked]>
cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Notice of WG last call on Diff Serv TE Protocol draft in TEWG

In May 2001 the TEWG adopted the development of the requirements and
necessary protocol extensions for Diff-Serv TE.  Upon completion, TEWG
was to notify the various protocol WGs of the proposal to allow review
of the proposed protocol changes (if any).  This note serves that purpose.

Please find the pointer for the protocol specification draft below and
review the proposed changes required in the routing and signaling
protocols.

A WG last call on the protocol draft will start by separate email to the
TEWG.  Be sure to follow-up with any discussion to the te-wg list.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-proto-03.txt

It specifies extensions outlined as follows:
- IGP Reuse of unreserved bandwidth sub-tlv to carry
        BW available per TE-Class
- IGP Optional use bandwidth constraints sub-tlv
- IGP Optional use local overbooking multiplier sub-tlv
- RSVP Class Type Object for signaling class-types other than 0.
- RSVP Diffserv TE error codes

The protocol supports the use of a variety of different bandwidth
constraint models.  The following drafts are examples listed here for
reference only.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-russian-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-lefaucheur-diff-te-mam-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-mpls-dste-bcmodel-max-alloc-resv-
01.txt

Also for reference, the requirements are developed and with RFC-ED now.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tewg-diff-te-reqts-07.txt

------- End of Forwarded Message