Subject: Area Border routers (ABRs)

From: Ameya Pandit <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 11:54:58 +0000

Hello :

Had a question on number of ABR in an area. What is the typical ABR number
for a particular network, is it a percentage of N, where N is the total
number of routers in an area. ? .. how do we hit upon a particular value for
ABRs?

any pointers are helpful.

rgds
ameya

_________________________________________________________________
Are you a geek? Are you a techno freak? http://www.msn.co.in/Computing/

---

From: Russ White <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 08:33:02 -0400

Most of the time, you see two or three, perhaps four, ABR's in an area, no
matter how many routers are in the area itself.

:-)

Russ

> any pointers are helpful.

__________________________________
[email-masked] CCIE <>< Grace Alone