Subject: [OSPF] RFC 6549 on OSPFv2 Multi-Instance Extensions

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 18:46:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6549

        Title:      OSPFv2 Multi-Instance Extensions 
        Author:     A. Lindem, A. Roy,
                    S. Mirtorabi
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16639
        Updates:    RFC2328

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-multi-instance-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6549.txt

OSPFv3 includes a mechanism to support multiple instances of the
protocol running on the same interface.  OSPFv2 can utilize such a
mechanism in order to support multiple routing domains on the same
subnet.

This document defines the OSPFv2 Instance ID to enable separate
OSPFv2 protocol instances on the same interface.  Unlike OSPFv3 where
the Instance ID can be used for multiple purposes, such as putting
the same interface in multiple areas, the OSPFv2 Instance ID is
reserved for identifying protocol instances.

This document updates RFC 2328.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC