Subject: [OSPF] Fwd: IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:40:54 +0100

Looking at the web archive of the OSPF list traffic, it is
uncertain as to whether this message reached the
whole of the OSPF WG.

I am therefore resending this IPR statement to the OSPF
WG list.

The draft is on the telechat for 30-August-2012, please
contact a member of the IESG if you have any concerns
regarding IPR on this draft.

Regards

Stewart

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to 
draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03
Date: 	Wed, 13 Jun 2012 15:50:35 -0700
From: 	IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]

Dear Abhay Roy, Alvaro Retana, Yi Yang:

  An IPR disclosure that pertains to your Internet-Draft entitled "Hiding
Transit-only Networks in OSPF" (draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding) was submitted to
the IETF Secretariat on 2012-06-13 and has been posted on the "IETF Page of
Intellectual Property Rights Disclosures"
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1798/). The title of the IPR disclosure is
"Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03."");

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:30:05 -0400

Hi Stewart, 

My apologies for not replying sooner - I have been on vacation with very limited cell/Internet access. The IPR was disclosed each time the draft was presented or covered in the WG document status IETF OSPF WG meetings (starting with Bejing). 

Also, it was reiterated during when the WG last call was started. 

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf/current/msg06292.html

Also, it was included in the document shepherd write-up. 

  http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ospf/current/msg06370.html

Finally, the patent is referenced in the draft itself in the acknowledgments. 

10. Acknowledgments

   The draft text was produced using Stefan Santesson's NroffEdit
   application.

   The idea of using a special subnet mask to hide broadcast networks in
   OSPF was originally introduced in the US patent "Apparatus and method
   to hide transit only multi-access networks in OSPF" (patent number:
   7,929,524), by Yi Yang, Alvaro Retana, James Ng, Abhay Roy, Alfred
   Lindem, Sina Mirtorabi, Timothy Gage, and Khalid Raza.

   The authors would like to thank Acee Lindem, Shraddha Hegde, Rajesh
   Shetty, Marek Karasek, Michael Barnes, and Paul Wells, for their
   feedback on the document.

Thanks Much,
Acee

On Aug 10, 2012, at 5:40 PM, Stewart Bryant wrote:

> Subject:	IPR Disclosure: Cisco's Statement of IPR Related to draft-ietf-ospf-prefix-hiding-03
> CC:	[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf