Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPF Hybrid Broadcast and P2MP Interface Type' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2012 08:29:02 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Hybrid Broadcast and P2MP Interface Type'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stewart Bryant and Adrian Farrel.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-hybrid-bcast-and-p2mp/

Technical Summary

    This draft extends OSPFv2 with an additional interface type that
    has the property of supporting the adjacency reduction and flooding
    optimizations of broadcast networks while still allowing separate
    costs to be specified for each neighbor. 

Working Group Summary

    The only discussion worth noting was was how this document was
    positioned against the previously published MANET documents. We
    agreed that the MANET mechanisms could be used to accomplish the
    same goal but that the simplicity of this draft warrents
    standardization by the working group. 

Document Quality

    The document has gone through several WG review cycles and
    revisions. There is at least one implementation of the initial
    revision. 

Personnel

    Acee Lindem is the document shepherd and Stewart Bryant is the
    responsible AD. 

RFC Editor Note

OLD
4.5.  Generating Network LSAs

   Since a hybrid-broadcast-and-p2mp interface is described in router
   LSAs using a collection of point-to-point links, the DR SHOULD NOT
   generate a network LSA for the interface.
NEW
4.5.  Generating Network LSAs

   Since a hybrid-broadcast-and-p2mp interface is described in router
   LSAs using a collection of point-to-point links, the DR MUST NOT
   generate a network LSA for the interface.
END