Subject: [OSPF] RFC 8099 on OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 17:18:41 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8099

        Title:      OSPF Topology-Transparent Zone 
        Author:     H. Chen, 
                    R. Li,
                    A. Retana, 
                    Y. Yang,
                    Z. Liu
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       February 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      27
        Characters: 60149
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ospf-ttz-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8099

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8099

This document presents a Topology-Transparent Zone (TTZ) in an OSPF
area.  A TTZ comprises a group of routers and a number of links
connecting these routers.  Any router outside of the zone is not
aware of the zone.  A TTZ hides the internal topology of the TTZ from
the outside.  It does not directly advertise any internal information
about the TTZ to a router outside of the TTZ.  The information about
the links and routers such as a link down inside the TTZ is not
advertised to any router outside of the TTZ.

This document is a product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC