Subject: [OSPF] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 09:44:41 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP of the IETF.

        Title           : H-bit Support for OSPFv2
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03.txt
	Pages           : 8
	Date            : 2017-06-14

Abstract:
   OSPFv3 defines an option field for router-LSAs known as a R-bit in
   RFC5340.  If the R-bit is clear, an OSPFv3 router can participate in
   OSPF topology distribution without acting as a forwarder to forward
   the transit traffic.  In such cases, an OSPF router would only accept
   traffic intended for local delivery.  This draft defines R-bit
   functionality for OSPFv2 defined in RFC2328.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2017 19:48:38 +0000

The question of OSPFv2 complete blocking of transit routing support
(similar to OSPFv3) seems to come up every year or so. I’d like to WG last
call this document. Does anyone see any issues?
Thanks,
Acee 

On 6/14/17, 12:44 PM, "OSPF on behalf of [email-masked]"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>OSPF mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf