Subject: [OSPF] merging OSPF & ISIS WGs & mailing lists

From: Alia Atlas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 04:03:30 -0400

As discussed in the ISIS and OSPF, we are going to be experimenting for the
next 4 months (through the next IETF at least) with what it would feel like
to have a merged WG for OSPF and IS-IS.  This is driven by the goals of
having conversations in one place for the various extensions that are
happening in OSPFv3, IS-IS, and OSPF and by the goal of having a slightly
larger WG and encourage cross-protocol learning and discussion.

At IETF 100, OSPF and IS-IS will be having a truly joint meeting.  Between
now and then, we will be having the equivalent of a joint mailing list.
After discussion with the Secretariat, this is most easily done by:
   1) Storing the current subscription list for each of the OSPF WG and
ISIS WG.
   2) Subscribe all subscribers of each mailing list to the other and vice
versa.

I will ask the Secretariat to do this tomorrow  (Thursday) morning (Prague
time).

One outcome of this experiment is that the IS-IS and OSPF WGs will be
merged together afterwards.  If you have thoughts on key aspects for the
charter, please do share them.  Such a charter would be likely around
link-state IGPs - and will need a new name.  Please share your suggestions
for possible names privately.

Regards,
Alia

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 11:18:34 +0100

Alia

Please ensure that mail from the mailing list has one and only one
[xxxx] on the subject line.

I track NETCONF/NETMOD lists and they are a nightmare because there are
periods of substantial overlap and the e-mails come with a mixture of

[Netconf]
[netmod]
[Netconf][netmod]
[netmod][Netconf]

which renders collation impossible (on any MUA I know).

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alia Atlas" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; "OSPF List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 19, 2017 9:03 AM

> for possible names privately.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------

> _______________________________________________
> OSPF mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf
>