Subject: [OSPF] FW: IPR Call for "H-Support for OSPFv2"

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2017 18:09:30 +0000

From: "Serpil Bayraktar (serpil)" <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Date: Saturday, July 1, 2017 at 11:50 PM
To: Acee Lindem <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Padmadevi Pillay Esnault <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>, Keyur Patel <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: Re: [OSPF] IPR Call for "H-Support for OSPFv2"

I am not aware of any IPR.

Apologies for the late response, I am out on PTO.

Serpil

Authors,

If you are listed as a document author or contributor, please respond to
this email stating whether or not you are aware of any relevant IPR. The
response needs to be sent to the OSPF mailing list. The document will
not advance to the next stage until a response has been received from
each author and each individual that has contributed to the document.

Thanks,
Acee

On 6/14/17, 3:48 PM, "OSPF on behalf of Acee Lindem (acee)"
<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

The question of OSPFv2 complete blocking of transit routing support
(similar to OSPFv3) seems to come up every year or so. I’d like to WG
last
call this document. Does anyone see any issues?
Thanks,
Acee

On 6/14/17, 12:44 PM, "OSPF on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>"
<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> on behalf of [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Open Shortest Path First IGP of the
IETF.

        Title           : H-bit Support for OSPFv2
        Authors         : Keyur Patel
                          Padma Pillay-Esnault
                          Manish Bhardwaj
                          Serpil Bayraktar
            Filename        : draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03.txt
            Pages           : 8
            Date            : 2017-06-14

Abstract:
   OSPFv3 defines an option field for router-LSAs known as a R-bit in
   RFC5340.  If the R-bit is clear, an OSPFv3 router can participate in
   OSPF topology distribution without acting as a forwarder to forward
   the transit traffic.  In such cases, an OSPF router would only accept
   traffic intended for local delivery.  This draft defines R-bit
   functionality for OSPFv2 defined in RFC2328.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv2-hbit-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf

_______________________________________________
OSPF mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf