Subject: [OSPF] IPR Disclosure Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd's Statement about IPR related to RFC 8099

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 15:00:49 -0700

Dear Huaimo Chen, Renwei Li, Alvaro Retana, Yi Yang, Vic Liu:

An IPR disclosure that pertains to your RFC entitled "OSPF
Topology-Transparent Zone" (RFC8099) was submitted to the IETF
Secretariat on  and has been posted on the "IETF Page of Intellectual
Property Rights Disclosures" (https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/3046/). The
title of the IPR disclosure is "Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd's Statement
about IPR related to RFC 8099"

Thank you

IETF Secretariat

---

From: "Acee Lindem (acee)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2017 22:30:22 +0000

Thanks - the IPR was disclosed back before the draft was made a WG
document. As expected, the claims are purely defensive. However, in the
future, it would be better to have the formal statement earlier in the
process. As a WG chair, I should have pushed for the formal statement even
though I fully expected it to be in line with the other Huawei IPR
statements. We’ll do better in the future ;^)

Thanks,
Acee 

On 8/4/17, 6:00 PM, "OSPF on behalf of IETF Secretariat"
<[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>OSPF mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ospf