Subject: [OSPF] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-19.txt> (OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2017 18:23:44 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Open Shortest Path First IGP WG
(ospf) to consider the following document: - 'OSPFv3 LSA Extendibility'
  <draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend-19.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-01-11. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   OSPFv3 requires functional extension beyond what can readily be done
   with the fixed-format Link State Advertisement (LSA) as described in
   RFC 5340.  Without LSA extension, attributes associated with OSPFv3
   links and advertised IPv6 prefixes must be advertised in separate
   LSAs and correlated to the fixed-format LSAs.  This document extends
   the LSA format by encoding the existing OSPFv3 LSA information in
   Type-Length-Value (TLV) tuples and allowing advertisement of
   additional information with additional TLVs.  Backward compatibility
   mechanisms are also described.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-ospfv3-lsa-extend/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.