Subject: [OSPF] Protocol Action: 'OSPF Extensions for Segment Routing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-24.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 12:23:13 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'OSPF Extensions for Segment Routing'
  (draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-24.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Open Shortest Path First IGP Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Alia Atlas and Deborah Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions/

Technical Summary

This document describes the OSPFv2 extensions for segment routing 
     including Prefix-SID, Adjacency-SID, and Binding-SID. The extensions
     are based on RFC 7770.   

Working Group Summary

     The Working Group discussion has been dominated by the initial vendors
     that implemented the specification (Juniper, Cisco, and Nokia). We've
     gone through several iterations over the last two and half years. 

    The document has completed two separate IPR polls. It is in its second
    Working Group last call due to some additional protocol encodings and 
    clarifications on the handling of error situations. The second Working
    Group last call is preceding without questions or significant comments.

   The ERO and binding-SID extensions were removed due to AD comments
   and these changes were Working Group last called. 

Document Quality

      The document has been implemented by a number of vendors (refer to 
      the implementation status section) and has been stable now for a few
      months. In fact, the only changes have been edits and clarifications
      based on WG last-call and chair review. 

Personnel

      Acee Lindem is the Document Shepherd.
      Alia Atlas is the Responsible Area Director.