Subject: [OSPF] Ben Campbell's No Objection on draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-23: (with COMMENT)

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 18:43:06 -0800

Ben Campbell has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-23: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Substantive Comments:

- Requirements Language: There are a few instances of 2119 keywords in lower
case. Please consider if those are meant to be normative. If not, then please
use the boilerplate from RFC 8184, which explicitly excludes lower case
instances as normative keywords.

-3.1, 2nd to last paragraph: Why aren't the 3 "SHOULDs" "MUSTs"? It seems like
these might have an impact on interoperability, or at least predictable
behavior in edge conditions.

-3.4: (same comment as for 3.1)

Editorial Comments and Nits:

-1, first paragraph: There are a lot of ideas packed into that paragraph. It's
not clear to me which the "For example" sentences means to exemplify.

-3.3, 2nd to last paragraph: Why is "NOT" capitalized?

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2017 13:37:40 +0100

Hi Ben,

please see inline:

On 14/12/17 03:43 , Ben Campbell wrote:
> case. Please consider if those are meant to be normative.If not, then please

changed some of them to normative, replaced rest with alternative wording.

> behavior in edge conditions.

done.
> -3.4: (same comment as for 3.1)

done.

> not clear to me which the "For example" sentences means to exemplify.

Removed "For example".

> -3.3, 2nd to last paragraph: Why is "NOT" capitalized?

Changed to "not".

Please see the updated version at:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-extensions-24.txt

thanks,
Peter
> .