Subject: [payload] Questions on draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 16:10:09 -0600

1) The 2nd line of the ABNF's production rule for nonzero-for-octet 
     (    / (%x30-33 9(DIGIT)))
  allows 10 digit strings with a leading 0 - was that intended, or should this have started %31-33?

2) The following two paragraphs appear in C.6.3 and seem to be redundant - was it an incomplete edit?

The "url" parameter is assigned a double-quoted string representation of
a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) for the data object.  The string MUST
specify either a HyperText Transport Protocol URI (HTTP, [RFC2616]) or
an HTTP over TLS URI (HTTPS, [RFC2818]).  The media type/subtype for the
data object SHOULD be specified in the appropriate HTTP or HTTPS
transport header.

The "url" parameter is assigned a double-quoted string representation of
a Uniform Resource Locator (URL) for the data object.  The string MUST
specify a HyperText Transport Protocol URL (HTTP, [RFC2616]).  HTTP MAY
be used over TCP or MAY be used over a secure network transport, such as
the method described in [RFC2818].  The media type/subtype for the data
object SHOULD be specified in the appropriate HTTP transport header.

---

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 17:10:28 -0800

> allows 10 digit strings with a leading 0 - was that intended, or should this

Good catch, this is my error. I'll update the document with a -01.txt.
Thanks.

> was it an incomplete edit?

Good catch.  The second of the two paragraphs appeared in RFC 4695.
After the RFC was released, errata came in that requested a clearer
wording of the intent, which resulted in the first paragraph. But obviously
I forgot to delete the RFC 4695 version.  I'll update this with -01.txt also.
Thanks.

Probably will get to submitting -01.txt on Feb 8th in the afternoon PST,
will send an email to PAYLOAD once its out.

-- 
John Lazzaro
http://www.cs.berkeley.edu/~lazzaro
john [dot] lazzaro [at] gmail [dot] com

---

From: John Lazzaro <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 13:44:37 -0800

> will send an email to PAYLOAD once its out.

Done. draft-ietf-payload-rfc4695-bis-01.txt should now be in the
IETF repository. This fixes the two issues you found. Thanks again.