Subject: [payload] Requests for agenda time in Quebec City IETF81

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 18:27:28 +0300

Hi,

At the IETF 81 we will have one time slot for AVTCore and we will use this
timeslot also to present the status of the payload and xrblock working
groups for information.

As we announced on the mailing lists, the payload and xrblocks WGs are not
going to meet in Quebec but we may present open issues if there are any.

If you wish to have agenda time at the upcoming meeting in Quebec City
regarding AVTcore work, please send an agenda request to the AVTcore chairs.
We are trying to prepare the agenda early and not wait for the last minute.

We will use the time for presentations giving priority based on the AVTCore
milestones and open issues. 

The draft agenda shows that AVTCore will meet on Wednesday 09:00-11:30 in
room 208 AB. 

Note that this is not the final agenda and the slot for AVTcore may change,
the final agenda will be publish on July 1st.

 
Thanks
Magnus Westerlund and Roni Even AVTCore Chairs.
 
Ali Begen and Roni Even Payload Chairs
 
Peter Musgrave and Roni Even XRblock Chairs.

---

From: "Michael Ramalho (mramalho)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 17:43:39 -0500

Re: (Below thread) "please send an agenda request to the AVTcore chairs"

Magnus/Roni,

As per the recommendation of the Payload Chairs, Ali Begen and Roni
Even, I have created a "00" draft for the RTP payload format for ITU-T
G.711.0 (lossless and stateless compression of G.711,
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ramalho-payload-g7110/ ).

Via experience I have found that there is often confusion about G.711.0
- as it is essentially a data compression algorithm. When negotiated
end-to-end, it is negotiated as IF it were a traditional lossy codec.
However, it can also be employed as a lossless data compression for
G.711 payloads in the middle of G.711 negotiated sessions.

Thus, it might be beneficial for me to say a few words about the G.711.0
draft if there is sufficient interest.

If you believe a short presentation would be beneficial, then I would
request a few minutes at the AVTcore agenda to describe the G.711.0
draft.

Please advise.

Regards,

Michael Ramalho

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Roni Even
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 11:27 AM
To: 'IETF AVTCore WG'
Cc: 'Magnus Westerlund'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] Requests for agenda time in Quebec City IETF81

Hi,

At the IETF 81 we will have one time slot for AVTCore and we will use
this timeslot also to present the status of the payload and xrblock
working groups for information.

As we announced on the mailing lists, the payload and xrblocks WGs are
not going to meet in Quebec but we may present open issues if there are
any.

If you wish to have agenda time at the upcoming meeting in Quebec City
regarding AVTcore work, please send an agenda request to the AVTcore
chairs. We are trying to prepare the agenda early and not wait for the
last minute.

We will use the time for pre sentatio on the AVTCore milestones and open
issues. 

The draft agenda shows that AVTCore will meet on Wednesday 09:00-11:30
in room 208 AB. 

Note that this is not the final agenda and the slot for AVTcore may
change, the final agenda will be publish on July 1st.

 
Thanks

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 08:28:36 +0300

Hi Michael,

We will consider your request based on time available. I also think it will
be good to post this information to the payload list with a title like
"G.711.0 a  data compression payload" or G.711.0 an audio data compression
payload"

Regards

Roni

From: Michael Ramalho (mramalho) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 1:44 AM
To: Roni Even; IETF AVTCore WG; [email-masked]; Ali C. Begen
(abegen)
Cc: Magnus Westerlund; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Paul Jones
(paulej); [email-masked]; Muthu Arul Mozhi Perumal (mperumal);
Miaolei; [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [AVTCORE] Requests for agenda time in Quebec City IETF81

Magnus/Roni,

As per the recommendation of the Payload Chairs, Ali Begen and Roni Even, I
have created a "00" draft for the RTP payload format for ITU-T G.711.0
(lossless and stateless compression of G.711,
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ramalho-payload-g7110/ ).

Via experience I have found that there is often confusion about G.711.0 - as
it is essentially a data compression algorithm. When negotiated end-to-end,
it is negotiated as IF it were a traditional lossy codec. However, it can
also be employed as a lossless data compression for G.711 payloads in the
middle of G.711 negotiated sessions.

If you believe a short presentation would be beneficial, then I would
request a few minutes at the AVTcore agenda to describe the G.711.0 draft.

Please advise.

Regards,

Michael Ramalho

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Roni
Even
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2011 11:27 AM
To: 'IETF AVTCore WG'
Cc: 'Magnus Westerlund'; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [AVTCORE] Requests for agenda time in Quebec City IETF81

Hi,

 

 

 

 

Thanks