Subject: [payload] Registration of application/smpte336m

From: "Ali C. Begen (abegen)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:21:50 -0800

Hello,

draft-ietf-payload-rtp-klv-02 has finished WGLC in the PAYLOAD WG. There is one new registration in Section 6.1 of http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-klv/?include_text=1 

The relevant text is copied below as well.

Your comments are appreciated.

Thanks. 
-acbegen (PAYLOAD WG Co-chair)

6.1.  Media Type Definition

      Type name: application

      Subtype name: smpte336m

      Required parameters:

         rate: RTP timestamp clock rate.  Typically chosen based on
         sampling rate of metadata being transmitted, but other rates
         can be specified.

      Optional parameters: None

      Encoding considerations: This media type is framed and binary; see
      Section 4.8 of [RFC4288].

      Security considerations: See Section 8 of RFCXXXX (note to RFC
      editor: please replace XXXX with the number assigned to this RFC).

      Interoperability considerations: Data items in smpte336m can be
      very diverse.  Receivers might only be capable of interpreting a
      subset of the possible data items; unrecognized items are skipped.
      Agreement on data items to be used out of band, via application
      profile or similar, is typical.

      Published specification: RFCXXXX

      Applications that use this media type: Streaming of metadata
      associated with simultaneously streamed video and transmission of
      [SMPTE336M] based media formats (e.g.  MXF [SMPTE377M]).

      Additional Information: none

      Person & email address to contact for further information: J.
      Downs <[email-masked]>; IETF Payload Working Group
      <[email-masked]>

      Intended usage: COMMON

      Restrictions on usage: This media type depends on RTP framing, and
      hence is only defined for transfer via RTP ([RFC3550]).  Transport
      within other framing protocols is not defined at this time.

      Author:

         J. Downs <[email-masked]>

         J. Arbeiter <[email-masked]>

      Change controller: IETF Payload working group delegated from the
      IESG.

---

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:46:02 +0100

>      Section 4.8 of [RFC4288].

Why does this include "binary"?
-- 
Björn Höhrmann · mailto:[email-masked] · http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 · Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 · http://www.bjoernsworld.de
25899 Dagebüll · PGP Pub. KeyID: 0xA4357E78 · http://www.websitedev.de/