Subject: Re: [payload] draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01

From: "Derrick Rea" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:02:19 -0000

Robert,

Thanks for reviewing draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01 against your current
implementation of Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X over IP. 

Yes there has been some media type/SDP definition changes in the latest
draft. The differences between this draft and the
draft-trainor-avt-rtp-aptx are not significant however. A default ptime
of 4ms is now recommended and the "ip-aux" definition has changed to
"out-of-bound-aux". There are a greater number of changes when compared
to draft-gmassey-avt-aptx but hopefully if your products are based on
this implementation the changes will not require a huge amount of work.

We've like to move this version of the aptx/e-aptx over RTP internet
draft along the standards track as quickly as possible. The next
milestones are for the document to become a Working Group document and
go to Working Group Last Call. With more review, I hope this will happen
soon. I know that there are a lot of manufacturers, like ourselves, who
want to see this draft progress so they can implement to a defined
standard and not one that is continually shifting. 

Regards,

Derrick Rea

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Robert Madinger
Sent: 30 January 2012 17:12
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: [payload] draft-rea-payload-rtp-aptx-01

Hallo,

This is Robert Madinger from AVT Audio Video Technologies Nuremberg.

We have implemented already an older version of the "RTP Payload Format
for Standard apt-X and Enhanced apt-X Codecs" in our Audio Codecs. We
just have to do some adaptations concerning the SDP signalling to
implement the newest draft for APT-X transmission over IP.

To avoid additional steps in our software development, we would prefer
the draft to be passed on to become an RFC before we adapt our
implementation.

Therefore we support the draft to be passed on to become an RFC!

Robert Madinger

________________________________

AVT Audio Video Technologies GmbH

Nordostpark 12

D-90411 Nuernberg

Phone: +49 911 5271 200

Fax:   +49 911 5271 100

[email-masked]

www.avt-nbg.de

Managing Director: Wilfried Hecht

Registered Office: Nuernberg, HRB 14317