Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-g718-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 05:36:17 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for G.718 Speech/Audio
	Author(s)       : Glen Zorn
                          Ye-Kui Wang
                          Ari Lakaniemi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rtp-g718-02.txt
	Pages           : 27
	Date            : 2012-05-07

   This document specifies the Real-Time Transport Protocol (RTP)
   payload format for the Embedded Variable Bit-Rate (EV-VBR) speech/
   audio codec, specified in ITU-T G.718.  A media type registration for
   this RTP payload format is also included.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-g718-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-g718-02.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-g718/

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 19:41:38 +0700

>     this RTP payload format is also included.

This document has been on hold waiting input from ITU-T re: G.7018B for 
quite some time now.  I suggest that we just take it to WGLC & publish 
w/o waiting any more.  Opinions?

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 12:45:43 +0000

SG16 is meeting this week.  Wait one more week, and you will know whether
the ITU spec advances now.
Stephan

On 5.7.2012 14:41 , "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
>>directories. This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport
>>Payloads Working Group of the IETF.
>>
>_______________________________________________
>payload mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload
>

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 20:19:52 +0700

> the ITU spec advances now.

OK, but we also need somebody who will contribute text regarding the new 
stuff to the draft.

> Stephan
>
>
> On 5.7.2012 14:41 , "Glen Zorn"<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>
>> quite some time now.  I suggest that we just take it to WGLC&  publish

---

From: Stephan Wenger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 12:50:02 +0000

There was a bit of email back-and-forth, as well as hallway discussions
here in Geneva.  It appears that there will not be an updated version of
G.718 at this meeting.  Further, the impact of the unfinished ITU work
(floating point implementation) to the RTP payload spec seems minimal.  As
the next ITU-T SG16 meeting is many months away, I would now suggest that
it's ok to move forward with the IETF's approval and publication process.
Stephan