Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2012 12:41:31 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : RTP Payload Format for Bluetooth's SBC Audio Codec
	Author(s)       : Christian Hoene
                          Frans de Bont
	Filename        : draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2012-07-08

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Real-time Transport Protocol (RTP) payload
   format to be used for the low complexity subband codec (SBC), which
   is the mandatory audio codec of the Advanced Audio Distribution
   Profile (A2DP) Specification written by the Bluetooth(r) Special
   Interest Group (SIG). The payload format is designed to be able to
   interoperate with existing Bluetooth A2DP devices, to provide high
   streaming audio quality, interactive audio transmission over the
   internet, and ultra-low delay coding for jam sessions on the
   internet. This document contains also a media type registration
   which specifies the use of the RTP payload format.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc-03

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc-03

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Bont, Frans de" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 06:40:04 +0000

Hi,

In this version we have removed the sections which were mainly a duplication of the Bluetooth A2DP specification.
This was in response to the only comment we received on the -02 version.

On 5 Jan 2012, at 0:47, Colin Perkins wrote:
> The only outstanding issue I have is that there's a lot of duplication with the RTP payload format definition in Bluetooth A2DP specification. Can this be removed, and done by reference, to avoid the risk of accidental changes?

We think this draft is now ready for WGLC.

Best regards,
Frans

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of [email-masked]
> Sent: Sunday 8 July 2012 21:42
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [payload] I-D Action: draft-ietf-payload-rtp-sbc-03.txt
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> payload mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/payload

________________________________
The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.