Subject: [payload] Submission of draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-02

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:09:18 +0200

Hi,

I have finally gotten around to update this draft. Sorry, should have
kept it alive. This version does contain a number of changes.

- The RFC series multiple streams and the new IETF two maturity levels
are commented.
- More RTP transport robustness tools, mostly FEC have been added.
- Added reference to the Options for Security RTP Sessions and updated
the security consideration in the template to refer to this to try to
resolve the relation with SRTP not mandatory.
- Moved motivation why registration of media types are good from Other
SDO section to general Media Type section.
- A number of small clarifications or corrections of statements already
present.
- A number of editorial changes.
- Added the security concern with variable bit-rate (RFC 6562)
- Added a discussion of Application media types payload formats

As soon as we have gotten go-ahead from the Security ADs on that the
Options for RTP security (AVTCORE), the text in this draft and the
update of SRTP not-mandatory (AVTCORE) is what they expect I would
recommend that we go forward towards publication whit the RTP payload
HOWTO. Before even more changes ;-).

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------