Subject: [payload] Protocol Action: 'RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable Rate Narrowband-Wideband Codec (EVRC-NW)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 09:02:54 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP payload format for Enhanced Variable Rate Narrowband-Wideband
   Codec (EVRC-NW)'
  (draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Robert Sparks and Gonzalo Camarillo.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-avt-rtp-evrc-nw/

Technical Summary:

This document specifies real-time transport protocol (RTP) payload formats
to be used for the Enhanced Variable Rate Narrowband-Wideband Codec
(EVRC-NW). Three media type registrations are included for EVRC-NW RTP
payload formats. In addition, a file format is specified for transport of
EVRC-NW speech data in storage mode applications such as e-mail.

Working Group Summary:

This document went through two working group last call. As a result of the
first one there were proposals to add some technical changes that were
consented in the second working group last call.

Document Quality:

This is a payload specification for a 3GPP2 codec and it was reviewed by a
couple of people in the payload working group.

Personnel:

Roni Even is the Document Shepherd and the Responsible Area Director is
Robert Sparks. 

RFC Editor Note (for -10):

Please add a URL to this reference:

OLD

   [4]   "Enhanced Variable Rate Codec, Speech Service Options 3, 68,
         70, and 73 for Wideband Spread Spectrum Digital Systems",
         3GPP2 C.S0014-D v3.0, October 2010.

NEW

   [4]   "Enhanced Variable Rate Codec, Speech Service Options 3, 68,
         70, and 73 for Wideband Spread Spectrum Digital Systems",
         3GPP2 C.S0014-D v3.0, October 2010, <http://www.3gpp2.org/
         public_html/specs/C.S0014-D_v3.0_EVRC.pdf>.