Subject: [payload] Errata proposal for RFC4733

From: Xavier Marjou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 16:05:28 +0100

Hi,

During the last AVTEXT meeting (c.f.
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/avtext/minutes?item=minutes-85-avtext.html),
we discussed one ambiguity in RFC4733 (RTP Payload for DTMF Digits)
when using DTMF and WB audio codecs.

Here is an errata proposal to clarify this ambiguity. What do you think ?

CURRENT TEXT:

2.  RTP Payload Format for Named Telephone Events
2.1.  Introduction
…
   Named telephone events are carried as part of the audio stream and
   MUST use the same sequence number and timestamp base as the regular
   audio channel to simplify the generation of audio waveforms at a
   gateway.

NEW PROPOSED TEXT:

2.  RTP Payload Format for Named Telephone Events
2.1.  Introduction
…
  Named telephone events are carried as part of the audio stream and
  MUST use the same SSRC (therefore the same timing and sequence
  number space) and the same timestamp clock rate as the regular
  audio channel to simplify the generation of audio waveforms at a
  gateway.

Cheers,
Xavier