Subject: Re: [payload] WGLC for draft-ietf-payload-g7110-01

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:10:18 +0200

Hi,

I reviewed the document and have some comments

1.       There are nits that need to be resolved -
http://tools.ietf.org/idnits?url=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-payload
-g7110-01.txt

2.       Need a congestion control section see
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-13 section 7
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-howto-13%20section%207> 

3.       In section 3 last paragraph is it G.711 or G.711.0?

4.       In section 3.1 and 4.1 you state that G.711 have static payload
number and this distinguish it from G.711.0. Note that it is allowed to have
G.711 with dynamic payload number.

5.       Is the support for multiple G.711.0 encoded frames in the G.711.0
RTP payload mandatory to support or do you need to negotiate the support for
it.

6.       In section 4.1 I propose the following text for the "PT" " The
assignment of an RTP payload type for the format defined in this memo is
outside the scope of this document.  The RTP profiles in use currently
mandate binding the payload type dynamically for this payload format."

7.       In section 5.1 for security consideration point to section 10 of
this document

8.       In section 5.1 "applications that use this media type" you have
video ? is this true. The document talks only about voip

9.       Change controller is the Payload WG

Thanks

Roni Even

 

From: Roni Even [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 17 December, 2013 1:16 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Subject: WGLC for draft-ietf-payload-g7110-01

WG,

This is to start the WGLC for the G.711.0 draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-g7110-01 .

The WGLC is for three weeks hoping that we can get feedback during the
holidays

Please send your comments and approvals to the payload list by January 7th.

Authors, please address the nits
http://tools.ietf.org/idnits?url=http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-payload
-g7110-01.txt about the references but please wait till the WGLC ends for a
revision.

Authors, please let the WG chairs know if you are aware of any IPR related
to this draft. It is needed for the publication request.

Thanks

Roni Even

Payload co-chair