Subject: Re: [payload] WGLC for H.265 - RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video Coding - comments

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2014 16:09:46 +0300

Hi,

I reviewed the documents and have some comments as individual!!!!

In section 1.1.4 "forbidden_zero_bit.  MUST be zero.". What does the MUST
mean if in section 4.8 the f bit can be set to 1. What is the behavior in
this case when the bit is set to 1?

In section 7.1 missing person & email address to contact

In section 7.2.2 "The profile-compatibility-indicator, when offered as
sendonly,  describe bitstream properties.  The answerer MAY accept an RTP
payload type even if the decoder is not capable of handling the  profile
indicated by the profile-space, profile-id, and interop- constraints
parameters, but capable of any of the profiles  indicated by the
profile-space, profile-compatibility-indicator, and interop-constraints.
However, when the profile-compatibility-indicator is used in a recvonly or
sendrecv media description, the bitstream using this RTP payload type is
required to conform to all profiles indicated by profile-space,
profile-compatibility-indicator, and interop-constraints."  I do not
understand this case can you explain why this behavior?

In section 7.2.2 "see the semantics of sprop-vps on one video parameter set
being consistent with another video parameter set". Please provide
reference.

In section 7.2.2 "rules apply to transport of parameter set in the
answerer-to-offerer direction" . What happens when the RTP is received
before the SDP answer?

In section 7.2.4 Parameter Sets Considerations what about the different
multipoint topologies?

Thanks

Roni

 

From: Roni Even [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 11 June, 2014 12:59 PM
To: [email-masked]'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: WGLC for H.265 - RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency Video
Coding

WG,

This is to start the WGLC for the RTP Payload Format for High Efficiency
Video Coding (H.265) draft
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-h265-04 

The WGLC is for three weeks till July 3rd

Please send your comments and approvals to the payload list.

Authors, please let the WG chairs know if you are aware of any undeclared
IPR related to this draft. It is needed for the publication request.

Thanks

Roni Even

Payload co-chair

  _____