Subject: [payload] Last Call: <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10.txt> (RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291 Ancillary Data) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2017 16:33:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Audio/Video Transport Payloads WG
(payload) to consider the following document: - 'RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291
Ancillary Data'
  <draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10.txt> as Proposed Standard

This is a repeated IETF Last Call due to material changes since the original
last call of version 6. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-07-25. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo describes a real-time transport protocol (RTP) payload
   format for the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers
   (SMPTE) Ancillary data, as defined by SMPTE ST 291-1.  SMPTE
   Ancillary data is generally used along with professional video
   formats to carry a range of ancillary data types, including time
   code, Closed Captioning, and the Active Format Description (AFD).

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.