Subject: Re: [payload] Alexey Melnikov's No Objection on draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Thomas Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 23:37:28 +0000

Alexey,

Thanks for your comment on the draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10.

I will add the reference: “The ABNF description of the DID_SDID parameter is described in Section 4 of [this RFC]” to the Section 3.1 “Media Type Definition”.

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Edwards
FOX Networks Engineering & Operations
VP Engineering & Development
[email-masked]
+1-310-369-6696
10201 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035

On 8/13/17, 3:44 AM, "Alexey Melnikov" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10: No Objection
    
    When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
    email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
    introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_statement_discuss-2Dcriteria.html&d=DwICaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=BH3IMEOefSX-SxCvE3ruxXFF_KfVcCVeEn0pVQJeMVA&s=OLWDS0j7TjlKzKkSC-rBVWgBaZ7iLwblIaVRaymzwOs&e= 
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dpayload-2Drtp-2Dancillary_&d=DwICaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=BH3IMEOefSX-SxCvE3ruxXFF_KfVcCVeEn0pVQJeMVA&s=505RFzBV1GK3MEsMxsRXi1uud6vb-GbK-kvpMj9UkGI&e= 

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMENT:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    This is generally a well written document.
    
    As the media type registration template in Section 3.1 is supposed to be self
    contained (it will be posted to IANA website as a web page), it should define
    (or point to) ABNF for different parameters and specify that some parameters
    (e.g. DID_SDID) can be repeated multiple times. I can find this information in
    Section 4, so please add references to section 4 in the template.