Subject: Re: [payload] Spencer Dawkins' No Objection on draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10: (with COMMENT)

From: Thomas Edwards <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 15:13:08 +0000

Thanks Spencer, I will edit this paragraph to:

“ANC is generally associated with the carriage of metadata within the bit stream of a Serial Digital Interface (SDI), such as the standard definition (SD) Serial Digital Interface, the 1.5 Gb/s Serial Digital Interface for high definition (HD) television applications, or the 3 Gb/s Signal/Data Serial Interface (SMPTE ST 259 [ST259], SMPTE ST 292-1 [ST292], SMPTE ST 424 [ST424]).”

Being a bit clearer as you suggested, and also adding 3G SDI.

-Thomas

-- 
Thomas Edwards
FOX Networks Engineering & Operations
VP Engineering & Development
[email-masked]
+1-310-369-6696
10201 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90035

On 8/15/17, 9:55 AM, "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Spencer Dawkins has entered the following ballot position for
    draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-10: No Objection
    
    When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
    email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
    introductory paragraph, however.)

    Please refer to https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_iesg_statement_discuss-2Dcriteria.html&d=DwIDaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=luJwp08BBVwytaHsl1GR1TSmM-7blozYFHKs-EVd8DE&s=pPIb36_PinUdv0F6DmpiD69e1IY6tKtLTgUBYKr1zPI&e= 
    for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

    The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
    https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dpayload-2Drtp-2Dancillary_&d=DwIDaQ&c=uw6TLu4hwhHdiGJOgwcWD4AjKQx6zvFcGEsbfiY9-EI&r=lekNOOM5noV61zrPH3rwPyhtNnLLWoLEHgd0quQxly8&m=luJwp08BBVwytaHsl1GR1TSmM-7blozYFHKs-EVd8DE&s=f52styenYAeyUAJtvG6Wn7Usfbw9qRftPb9LevJsZ7c&e= 

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    COMMENT:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    
    I wasn’t sure whether this text was giving three examples of SDIs, or two. Am I
    the only one who’s confused?
    
       ANC is generally associated with the carriage of metadata within the
       bit stream of a Serial Digital Interface (SDI) such as SMPTE ST 259
       [ST259], the standard definition (SD) Serial Digital Interface (with
       ANC data inserted as per SMPTE ST 125 [ST125]), or SMPTE ST 292-1
       [ST292], the 1.5 Gb/s Serial Digital Interface for high definition
       (HD) television applications.
    
    Perhaps using the descriptions first in each case, and ending with the name and
    reference in parentheses, would be clearer?

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 13:53:23 -0500

Hi, Thomas,

On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM, Thomas Edwards <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> “ANC is generally associated with the carriage of metadata within the bit
> stream of a Serial Digital Interface (SDI), such as the standard definition
> (SD) Serial Digital Interface, the 1.5 Gb/s Serial Digital Interface for
> high definition (HD) television applications, or the 3 Gb/s Signal/Data
> Serial Interface (SMPTE ST 259 [ST259], SMPTE ST 292-1 [ST292], SMPTE ST
> 424 [ST424]).”
>

That works for me!

Spencer