Subject: [payload] Protocol Action: 'RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291-1 Ancillary Data' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-12.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2017 14:29:18 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'RTP Payload for SMPTE ST 291-1 Ancillary Data'
  (draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary-12.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Audio/Video Transport Payloads Working
Group.

The IESG contact persons are Adam Roach, Alexey Melnikov and Ben Campbell.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-payload-rtp-ancillary/

Technical Summary

   This memo describes an RTP Payload format for SMPTE Ancillary data,
   as defined by SMPTE ST 291-1.  SMPTE Ancillary data is generally used
   along with professional video formats to carry a range of ancillary
   data types, including time code, Closed Captioning, and the Active
   Format Description (AFD).

Working Group Summary

   The document was presented once during a meeting and follow-up 
   revisions have been made based on the WG consensus.

   This version has been through 2 IETF last calls. The WG made material
   changes after the initial last call, due to feedback from implementors and 
   external experts. 

Document Quality

   There are two known implementations: BBC Research & Development 
   and Snell Advanced Media. The following vendors have committed to 
   implement the protocol: COVELOZ, Imagine Communications, 
   Lawo, Grass Valley, Utah Scientific.

Personnel

   Ali Begen is the doc shepherd, Ben Campbell is the responsible AD.