Subject: [PCN] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-3-state-encoding-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:10:23 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : A PCN encoding using 2 DSCPs to provide 3 or more states
	Author(s)       : Toby Moncaster
                          Bob Briscoe
                          Michael Menth
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-3-state-encoding-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a mechanism designed to protect
   the Quality of Service of inelastic flows within a controlled domain.
   It does this by marking packets when traffic load on a link is
   approaching or has exceeded a threshold below the physical link rate.
   This experimental encoding scheme specifies how three encoding states
   can be carried in the IP header using a combination of two DSCPs and
   the ECN bits.  The Basic scheme only allows for three encoding
   states.  The Full scheme provides 6 states, enough for limited end-
   to-end support for ECN as well.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-3-state-encoding-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-3-state-encoding-02.txt

---

From: Toby Moncaster <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:13:36 +0000

As you can all see I have posted updates for this draft and PSDM. The WG can decide whether to go ahead with publishing these as historical or not.

Toby

Ps sorry for terse email - we've got some major Internet problems here in Cambridge so I'm doing everything on 3G and my iPhone

On 12 Mar 2012, at 22:10, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> PCN mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn