Subject: [PCN] Document Action: 'Overview of Pre-Congestion Notification Encoding' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 15:39:05 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Overview of Pre-Congestion Notification Encoding'
  (draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison-09.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion
Notification Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcn-encoding-comparison/

Technical Summary

    The PCN mechanism in routers in the interior of a PCN domain marks
    packets when certain configured rates are exceeded.  The PCN working
    group explored a number of approaches for encoding this pre-congestion
    information into the IP header.  This document describes the various
    approaches that were examined and discusses the constraints that had
    to be satisfied by a viable encoding mechanism.

Working Group Summary

      The document was subject to thorough review by the PCN working
      group, and strong consensus for publication was reached.

Document Quality

     The document was subject to thorough review by the PCN working
      group, and strong consensus for publication was reached.
     There are a number of companion documents that detail the
     specific approaches.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: Steven Blake
   Responsible Area Director: David Harrington

RFC Editor Note

4.5 says RFC5696 was published as a draft Internet Standard. This is confusing, given the existence of the "Draft Internet Standard" status. RFC5696 is a Proposed Standard. Please reword to: "The baseline encoding described in section 4.1 is defined in [RFC5696]."