Subject: [PCN] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 15:00:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCN Encoding for Packet-Specific Dual Marking (PSDM Encoding)
	Author(s)       : Michael Menth
                          Jozef Babiarz
                          Toby Moncaster
                          Bob Briscoe
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-02.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2012-03-12

   Pre-congestion notification (PCN) is a link-specific and load-
   dependent packet re-marking mechanism and provides in Differentiated
   Services networks feedback to egress nodes about load conditions
   within the domain.  It is used to support admission control and flow
   termination decision in a simple way.  This document proposes how PCN
   marks can be encoded into the IP header for packet-specific dual
   marking (PSDM).  PSDM encoding provides three different codepoints:
   not-ETM, not-ThM, and PM.  Excess-traffic-marking may re-mark not-
   ETM-packets to PM and threshold-marking may re-mark not-ThM-packets
   to PM.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-02.txt