Subject: [perpass] Fwd: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt]

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 11:56:16 +0100

Hi,

I asked Brian if he'd try collate the recent discussions on
[email-masked] on this topic, and I think he's done a fine
job on that. (Thanks again Brian.)

This mail is mostly to get that recorded in this archive,
but feel free to start new threads here on some of the
topics noted in Brian's draft.

Cheers,
S.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [Fwd: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt]
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 16:54:50 +1200
From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Organization: University of Auckland
To: IETF discussion list <[email-masked]>

I got my arm slightly twisted to produce the attached: a simple
concatenation of some of the actionable suggestions made in the
discussion of PRISM and Bruce Schneier's call for action.

   Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 21:47:18 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Prismatic Reflections
	Author(s)       : Brian Carpenter
	Filename        : draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-09-19

Abstract:
   Recent public disclosure of allegedly pervasive surveillance of
   Internet traffic has led to calls for action by the IETF.  This draft
   exists solely to collect together a number of possible actions that
   were mentioned in a vigorous discussion on the IETF mailing list.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-carpenter-prismatic-reflections-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Ben Laurie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 15:56:14 +0100

FWIW, apropos of some of the points there, my team are shortly going
to start looking at DNSSEC transparency.

Also, I'd be very happy to work on transparency for email keys.

On making S/MIME or PGP useful, the "last 5%" is:

a) Probably rather more than that, and

b) Not something the IETF usually gets involved in, namely UI/UX. But
perhaps its time that changed?

On 20 September 2013 11:56, Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]> wrote:
> perpass mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perpass