Subject: [perpass] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 09:54:10 -0700

Greetings, all,

We've posted a new revision of the threat model draft, incorporating
commentary from the list and the meeting in Vancouver, pulling sections
on traffic analysis from draft-huitema-, and otherwise largely
completing those sections missing from the -00 revision. Some open
issues remain, and IMO the document still has room for improvement.
Please read and comment to the list.

Best regards,

Brian

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 08:48:45 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: Daniel Borkmann <[email-masked]>, Brian Trammell
<[email-masked]>, Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Brian Trammell and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-trammell-perpass-ppa
Revision:	 01
Title:		 A Threat Model for Pervasive Passive Surveillance
Creation date:	 2013-11-13
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 15
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-trammell-perpass-ppa-01

Abstract:
   This document elaborates a threat model for pervasive surveillance.
   We assume an adversary with an interest in indiscriminate
   eavesdropping that can passively observe network traffic at every
   layer at every point in the network between the endpoints.  It is
   intended to demonstrate to protocol designers and implementors the
   observability and inferability of information and metainformation
   transported over their respective protocols, to assist in the
   evaluation of the performance of these protocols and the
   effectiveness of their protection mechanisms under pervasive passive
   surveillance.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat