Subject: [perpass] Fwd: Re: perens-perpass-appropriate-response-01

From: Bruce Perens <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 16:08:50 -0800

-------- Original Message --------

Subject:

Re: [perpass] perens-perpass-appropriate-response-01

Date:

Sat, 07 Dec 2013 15:28:02 -0800

From:

Bruce Perens <[email-masked]>

To:

Jacob Appelbaum <[email-masked]>

On 12/07/2013 02:11 AM, Jacob
Appelbaum wrote:

You're not being forced to do anything, are you? You could use
HTTP 1.1 forever, right?

Once there's an HTTP 2.0, broad support for HTTP 1.1 on the web
will not survive.

What I don't understand is why all of these people you've given me
a long lecture about, including yourself, will necessarily be
oppressed if they have a choice, and will not be oppressed if they
have no choice. And why I have so little sympathy for them,
according to you, simply because I would like to offer them a
choice.

Thanks

Bruce

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 13:59:41 -0500

Given how long it took to seethe end of http/0.9, it will be decades before
http 2.0 is everywhere

And some of the design choices might mean it does not happen at all. It
could be another ipv5 or like http NG. That is the choices that must be
made, not the decisions. The solution set might be null

Don't assume success is automatic, that is likely to cause failure.

Sent from my difference engine

On Dec 7, 2013, at 7:08 PM, Bruce Perens <[email-masked]> wrote:

-------- Original Message --------  Subject: Re: [perpass]
perens-perpass-appropriate-response-01  Date: Sat, 07 Dec 2013 15:28:02
-0800  From: Bruce Perens <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>  To: Jacob
Appelbaum <[email-masked]> <[email-masked]>

 On 12/07/2013 02:11 AM, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:

You're not being forced to do anything, are you? You could use HTTP 1.1
forever, right?

Once there's an HTTP 2.0, broad support for HTTP 1.1 on the web will not
survive.

What I don't understand is why all of these people you've given me a long
lecture about, including yourself, will necessarily be oppressed if they
have a choice, and will not be oppressed if they have no choice. And why I
have so little sympathy for them, according to you, simply because I would
like to offer them a choice.

    Thanks

    Bruce

_______________________________________________
perpass mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perpass