Subject: Re: [perpass] Traffic peeking

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Dec 2013 12:19:58 -0800

Hi Iain,
At 14:37 24-11-2013, Learmonth, Iain Ross wrote:
> >   In 2007, Dan Shumow and Niels Ferguson discussed about the
> >   possibility of a backdoor in a Dual Elliptic Curve  pseudorandom
> >   number generator [Rump].
>
>I'm not sure how this paragraph is relevant to the rest of the 
>draft. You only discuss the use of encryption, not particular schemes.

I submitted draft-moonesamy-traffic-peeking-01 [1].  Appendix D 
mentions a case where the
Dual EC DRBG was implemented.

There are some new appendices about Wiretapping and Lawful 
Interception.  The incentives are not the same in every country.  I 
added some references which may be related to the message posted by 
Brian Carpenter at 
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/perpass/current/msg00881.html

As a general note, I did not change the name of the draft as it is easier.

Regards,
S. Moonesamy

1.  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moonesamy-traffic-peeking-01