Subject: [perpass] new tcpcrypt draft available

From: Andrea Bittau <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 14:51:15 -0800

Hi,

For those interested, we posted a revised version of the tcpcrypt
draft (opportunistic TCP encryption):

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-bittau-tcp-crypt-04.txt

This will be discussed on Monday morning in tcpm, at the end of
Session 1 (09:00--11:30).

All comments are welcome, including any points that you'd like us to
address in our presentation.

thanks!

---

From: Douglas Otis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 14:10:20 +0800

Dear Andrea,

Did you review?
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-rtcweb-data-channel

Two reasons for pointing out this draft.

1) transaction protection is extended by a 32 bit session id.

2) protocol offers low overhead to sustain long term sessions without continuous transactions or port consumption.

These two features can significantly reduce overheads related to authenticating sources and can be implemented in user space.

Regards,
Douglas Otis