Subject: [perpass] IESG perpass chat

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 16:44:45 +0100

All,

Last week, the IESG met for our annual "retreat" and reviewed
the fine work that you've all gotten done related to this list
in the last year and a half. The slides we used for that chat
are at [1].

The outcome was that the IESG are happy that we're continuing
to use this list for triage of relevant topics, but more
importantly that the IESG remain fully supportive (I asked a
few times, just to be sure:-) of people doing work in the IETF
to make improvements in this space. That's not as much of a NOOP
as it may sound - the IESG has had a good few personnel changes
since 2013, so it's really quite a good thing.

Anyway, that means that if you have a relevant draft you've
written and we need to figure out a home for that or how
to process it within the IETF, then you should ask Kathleen
or me when you think your stuff is ready. If you think some
work should be done and are willing to do that, then please
start a thread here and we can discuss it, but be ready to
write drafts etc. to actually do the work wherever in the IETF
it may land. (If you think someone else should do some work,
then I have to say that that doesn't really usually work out
so maybe think a bit more before starting a thread that asks
us all to go get you a pony:-)

And as always, Kathleen and I are available to help if you're
not sure how to get stuff done, whether it's relevant etc.
Just send one or both of us mail and we'll try help.

There were also a few specific actions that IESG folks took to
try shuffle things forward (e.g. I'm supposed to help Jari write
a blog or some other non-natural-for-me thing, Alissa is going
to try scare up some more expertise on traffic analysis and
mitigating that etc.) but nothing that we need to go into detail
on here until we're actually getting the associated bits of work
done.

In summary: please keep on doing the good work you've been doing.
Please also do more of that. And the IESG are ready to, and happy
to, help you get that done.

Cheers,
Stephen/Kathleen.

[1] http://down.dsg.cs.tcd.ie/misc/perpass-retreat-2015-final.pdf