Subject: [perpass] Fwd: [saag] draft-smith-encrypted-traffic-management

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2015 17:02:36 +0100

FYI. As this relates to draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt and we said
we'd use the saag list for that, please head on over there if
you'd like to discuss this some more,
Ta,
S.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [saag]  draft-smith-encrypted-traffic-management
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 15:35:15 +0000
From: Smith, Kevin, (R&D) Vodafone Group <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>

Dear all,

I've posted a draft on 'Network management of encrypted traffic' [1].
This follows up from the acknowledgement in both the 'Pervasive
Monitoring is an attack' BCP [2] and the  IAB statement on Internet
confidentiality [3] to strike a balance that allows non-intrusive
network management to continue to operate. The aim of the draft is to
list ways to enable this, including new work (such as SPUD) looking into
the problem. As such it intends to provide privacy-aware solutions to
the effects of encryption raised in [2].

All comments and feedback very welcome. Thanks for your time!

Kevin

Kevin Smith, Vodafone R&D

[1]
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-smith-encrypted-traffic-management/
[2] https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7258
[3]
https://www.iab.org/2014/11/14/iab-statement-on-internet-confidentiality/
[4] https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mm-wg-effect-encrypt/

_______________________________________________
saag mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/saag