Subject: [perpass] Caspar Bowden has died

From: Paul Wouters <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 17:17:32 -0400 (EDT)

Privacy activist Caspar Bowden has died
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/07/09/caspar_bowden_dies_cancer_battle/

Caspar was instrumental to achieving privacy and fighting the surveillance
state. If you think we are in a bad situation now, you have Caspar to
thank that we're not in a far worse position. His life achievements
speak for themselves.

Personally, when I met him about 15 years ago when he was at FIPR,
he was an inspiration to me to keep working on privacy and ubiguous
encryption. That the fight for privacy is much bigger than a few crypto
geeks coding in their basement. He inspired and motivated me to keep
doing my little bits in the grand scheme of things.

Caspar will be missed,

Paul

---

From: Hugo Maxwell Connery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 06:51:51 +0000

Thank you Paul for this sad information.

May Caspar continue to serve as an inspiration for many years to come.

As an indication of the length and depth of his efforts here are 4 presentations
made to the Chaos Computer Club Congress over the years, going back to
2006 and most recently just 6 months ago:

http://media.ccc.de/search/?q=bowden

Regards,  Hugo
________________________________________
From: perpass [[email-masked]] on behalf of Paul Wouters [[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, 9 July 2015 23:17
To: perpass
Subject: [perpass] Caspar Bowden has died

Caspar will be missed,

Paul

_______________________________________________
perpass mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/perpass