Subject: [perpass] [[email-masked]: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation-07.txt> (DNS query name minimisation to improve privacy) to Experimental RFC]

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 11:26:09 +0100

It's a work which started in perpass (DNS privacy) so some people here
may be interested by this IETF-wide Last Call.

Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation-07.txt> (DNS query name minimisation to improve privacy) to Experimental RFC
From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF-Announce" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 2015 18:48:51 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Domain Name System Operations WG
(dnsop) to consider the following document:
- 'DNS query name minimisation to improve privacy'
  <draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation-07.txt> as Experimental RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-23. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes one of the techniques that could be used to
   improve DNS privacy, a technique called "QNAME minimisation", where
   the DNS resolver no longer sends the full original QNAME to the
   upstream name server.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dnsop-qname-minimisation/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2469/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2542/