Subject: [perpass] YASV (Yet another spy vector)

From: Hugo Maxwell Connery <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 19:20:01 +0000

Hi all,

A few zillion firmware locked devices have internet based communication
protocol hardware support and sit in peoples homes.

Problem A:  ! firmware

A few thousand manufacturers want access to the bulk data to 
analyse / sell, and the people purchasing/using them dont know
how to deal with firmware.

Problem B:  no privacy

The data is uploaded to Mr. X and user A gets to see  their part
only (in some summarised form -- see Faceb--k).

Solutions:

Create a standard for interoperability *in the home*.  This is not the
early internet where interoperability was paramount across the continents.
It is in the private spaces.

Create a (commercial) example of this integration in the home.

If not, see previous discussions (and many thanks for those contributions).

The other point is that the software that presents the analysis of
this collected data needs also to be available "in the home".

Effort required,

Regards,  Hugo Connery