Subject: [plasma] URL of identity provider in plasma response

From: Alan Borland <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 11:08:36 +0100

(resend)

At our meeting in Reston I thought it was described how a client could send
a Plasma Request without an Authentication element.  In this case the
Plasma Server would return a Plasma Response to the client containing the
URL of the Identity Provider (adfs) to authenticate with.  The client must
then authenticate with the Identity Provider and re-submit the Plasma
Request with the completed Authentication element (including the assertion
returned by adfs).  However, I can't find any of this described in the
draft RFCs - Is this yet to be described or have I misunderstood something?

Alan.

---

From: "Jim Schaad" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2012 10:32:28 -0700

That is an interesting idea, and one that we should look at.  I was not at
the meeting in Reston.  Currently it will return the set of attributes that
are required to the requestor, but not a set of attribute authorities. 

jim

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Alan Borland
Sent: Thursday, July 05, 2012 3:09 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [plasma] URL of identity provider in plasma response

(resend)

At our meeting in Reston I thought it was described how a client could send
a Plasma Request without an Authentication element.  In this case the Plasma
Server would return a Plasma Response to the client containing the URL of
the Identity Provider (adfs) to authenticate with.  The client must then
authenticate with the Identity Provider and re-submit the Plasma Request
with the completed Authentication element (including the assertion returned
by adfs)  However, I can't find any of this described in the draft RFCs - Is
this yet to be described or have I misunderstood something?

Alan.