Subject: Re: [pm-dir] [PMOL] Thoughts on how we operate as a Directorate

From: Al Morton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 15:33:39 -0500

At 09:47 AM 1/16/2012, Al Morton
wrote:

As this new year goes into full swing, I'd like to offer some

thoughts on how we might operate as a Directorate and

hear from others.
...

That was the message that launched a productive year, IMO.

First, I'd like to say *thanks* for your participation last
year.

In Summary:

We reviewed 6 drafts:

draft-tempia-opsawg-p3m-01

draft-ietf-xrblock-rtcp-xr-pdv-02

draft-akhter-opsawg-perfmon-method-02

draft-sun-tsvwg-flowbased-pm-00.txt

draft-singh-rmcat-cc-eval

draft-ietf-ccamp-dpm

<if additional reviews were performed, please let me
know!>

We didn't write a reply to the Liaison from BBF to OPS and
Transport,

but I our patience was rewarded. The FCC contacted IETF directly

and it seems likely that related work will proceed here, and that will
be

the likely response (e.g., come work with us in IPPM, BBF).

Carlos Pignataro volunteered to be our

Liaison/Advisor to the Network Complexity Research Group

Alan Dekok and Benoit Claise will be providing a script this month

to help us find performance drafts to review.

Benoit also organized a face2face meeting for the Directorate.

The two performance-oriented working groups, BMWG and IPPM,

appear to have new and relevant work for 2013.

We have a new mailing list name:  pm-dir

When the new list was announced, several people tried to join.

We should probably have a call for new members soon,

if the current Directorate members agree.  Also, if anyone would

like to retire from the Performance Directorate (for example,

if you didn't find time to perform reviews in 2012, then

you might consider the question in that light), please let me
know.

This year, I hope that increased visibility will bring a both

larger and more interesting review load. And I hope that we can

expand Advisor/Liaison Appointments.

Any thoughts/comments/suggestions from the members as 2013
begins?

regards,

Al

PM Dir Admin