Subject: [pm-dir] RFC6390 Review of draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-07

From: Alan Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:09:47 -0400

Comments from Alan Clark

This review was requested (some months ago) from the Performance Management
Directorate and is focused on whether the -07 draft of rtcweb-rtp-usage
contains any metrics that should be defined in accordance with RFC6390, and
if so then to recommend what the definition should contain.  This review
does not consider what metrics could or should be incorporated into the
draft.

draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-07 describes how RTP is used in the context of
WebRTC. The sections of this draft to which RFC6390 could apply are the
definitions of Picture/Slice Loss Indication and the section on Performance
Monitoring.

1. Sections 5.1.2 and 5.1.3 refer to Picture and Slice Loss Indication.
These terms are normatively and sufficiently defined in RFC4585.

2. Section 8 mandates the use of RTCP SR/RR and refers to the use of XR for
performance reporting and does not contain any metric definitions.

draft-ietf-rtcweb-rtp-usage-07 does not require any changes resulting from
this review. If any metrics are added to subsequent versions of this draft
they should be defined in accordance with RFC6390.

Regards

Alan Clark