Subject: How to be removed from this list
From: List Manager of ietf-pop3ext <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 08:44:13 -0800 (PST)

Greetings again. Occasionally, people will sign up for a mailing list and
forget how to be removed. This message is a reminder for those folks.

First off, when you subscribe to a mailing list, you almost always get a
first message from the list owner telling you about the mailing list, and
explaining how to unsubscribe. It is always a good idea to keep those
messages, since you never know when you will need to unsubscribe. This is
particularly useful when you change email addresses, because it is difficult
to unsubscribe from a list after you have a different mailing address.

In the case of this list, the method to unsubscribe is to send a message
to:
     [email-masked]
with the single word:
     unsubscribe
in the body of the message. This is the same as it always has been.

To make this easier for you, I have crafted this message so that you should
be able to simply reply to this message, and the reply address should be
[email-masked] (although some mail clients screw this up...).
Remove everything from the body of the reply, and put in the single word:
     unsubscribe

If you have tried this method, and the mailing list software won't let you
unsubscribe, it is probably because your address has changed. In that case,
please send a message to [email-masked] stating which list (or lists) you
want to unsubscribe from, and what you think your previous address was.
There is a human (that's me!) who will then try to take care of your
request, often within a few days.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium