Subject: [ppsp] P2P-Next contribution to IETF PPSP WG discussion

From: mies <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 08:53:55 +0200

Dear IETF people,

IRT, being a partner in the EU-co-funded P2P-Next project, is closely
monitoring the developments by Johan Pouwelse and his team in WP4 of
P2P-Next. IRT has been evaluating NextShare in its laboratory, to verify
the suitability of this technology from a broadcaster's point of view. We
obviously have a specific interest to this respect in the use case of
live-streaming.

An open standard for P2P-based media distribution, supported by a large
community such as IETF, is welcomed by us.

With my best regards
Ronald Mies

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronald Mies
Institut für Rundfunktechnik GmbH
Floriansmühlstrasse 60
D-80939 München
Germany

Tel:      +49 89 32399 503
Fax:      +49 89 32399 454
E-Mail:   [email-masked] 
Internet: www.irt.de

Forschungs- und Entwicklungsinstitut
von ARD, ZDF, DRadio, ORF und SRG/SSR GmbH
Geschäftsführer: Dr. Klaus Illgner-Fehns
Registergericht München HRB 5191
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The information contained in this message may be confidential and legally
protected under applicable law. The message is intended solely for the
addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, forwarding, dissemination, or reproduction of this
message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by return e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.