Subject: [ppsp] comments for gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol and gu-ppsp-peer-protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 14:11:42 +0800

Comments for draft-gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol-04.
1.
Section 6
 "To protect signaling from impersonation attackers, who pretend to be
   another peer rather than their authentic identities, certificates
   along with TLS/DTLS could be used to ensure that each message is sent
   from an authorized participant (tracker or peer) of the P2P streaming
   system."

HTTP is based on TCP. I think only TLS is applicable.

2.
The example of peer list is not given.

Comments for draft-gu-ppsp-peer-protocol-02.

1.
Is it better to add <DestPeerID> in messages?

2.
"3.1.  Protocol Architecture

   The proposed PPSP Peer Protocol uses a newly defined, light weight
   gossip protocol between the peers to exchange the actual information,
   but uses the RELOAD [I-D.ietf-p2psip-base] protocol to establish the
   connections between peers and to locate other peers with which to
   establish gossip protocol connections."

Tracker protocol draft and peer protocol draft should consider 
not-implementing-NAT-traversal instead of RELOAD as default.
Implementing and using RELOAD is not neccesary if there is no NAT or the 
ratio of NATed peer is very low. 
RELOAD is not the only way to establish connection to NATed peers. 
Otherthan RELOAD, there is another way (PPSP-ICE), which is proposed in my 
NAT traversal draft. 
Using RELOAD or PPSP-ICE brings more work to implementing a P2P streaming 
system.

BR
Lichun

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: "Yingjie Gu(yingjie)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 16:03:24 +0800

Hi Lichun,

Thank you very much for your comments. 

See inline please.

  _____  

Best Regards
Gu Yingjie

发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表
[email-masked]
发送时间: 2011年7月4日 乐乐14:12
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: [ppsp] comments for gu-ppsp-tracker-protocol and gu-ppsp-peer-protocol

[Gu] Yes, Thank you.

2. 

[Gu] I will add an example in next version.

1. 

[Gu] You are right. 

2. 

Tracker protocol draft and peer protocol draft should consider
not-implementing-NAT-traversal instead of RELOAD as default. 
Implementing and using RELOAD is not neccesary if there is no NAT or the
ratio of NATed peer is very low. 
RELOAD is not the only way to establish connection to NATed peers. Otherthan
RELOAD, there is another way (PPSP-ICE), which is proposed in my NAT
traversal draft. 
Using RELOAD or PPSP-ICE brings more work to implementing a P2P streaming
system. 
[Gu] Yes you are right, I should revise this sentence. I remember that in
this version of the Tracker protocol, I have removed the default reference
to RELOAD for NAT traversal. And I do assume that no NAT is involved, and
pointed out in the text that there are other drafts describe how to resolve
NAT traversal. The Tracker and peer protocol won’t take NAT Traversal into
account but will be ready to update based NAT traversal requirements that
are raised by other drafts and are regarded as necessary by the WG. I will
revise this sentence. Thank you for your review. 

BR 
Lichun

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is
solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is
confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and
are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the
message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.