Subject: [ppsp] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt

From: Arno Bakker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 08:29:05 +0100

Hi

with the chairs' permission I just submitted a new version of the WG 
item. It contains the simple textual changes from the issue list (e.g., 
clarifications), so they are out of the way. See below for an overview 
of all changes.

I'll mark those issues as closed in the Trac ticket system.
Please feel free to raise an issue again if you think it has been
insufficiently addressed.

CU,
    Arno

---------------------------------
Appendix A. Revision History

    -00	2011-12-19  Initial version.
    -01	2010-10-27  Minor text revision:
     * Changed heading to "A. Bakker"
     * Changed title to *Peer* Protocol, and abbreviation PPSPP.
     * Replaced swift with PPSPP.
     * Removed Sec. 6.4. "HTTP (as PPSP)".
     * Renamed Sec. 8.4. to "Chunk Picking Algorithms".
     * Resolved Ticket #3: Removed sentence about random set of peers.
     * Resolved Ticket #6: Added clarification to "Chunk Picking
       Algorithms" section.
     * Resolved Ticket #11: Added Sec. 3.12 on Storage Independence
     * Resolved Ticket #13: Added clarification to "Automatic Size
       Detection" section.
     * Resolved Ticket #15: Operation section now states it shows
       example behaviour for a specific set of policies and schemes.
     * Resolved Ticket #30: Explained why multiple HINTs in one datagram.
     * Resolved Ticket #31: Renamed PEX_ADD message to PEX_RES.
     * Resolved Ticket #32: Renamed Sec 3.8. to "Keep Alive Signaling",
       and updated explanation.
     * Resolved Ticket #33: Explained NAT hole punching via only PPSPP
       messages.
     * Resolved Ticket #34: Added section about limited overhead of the
       Merkle hash tree scheme.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 23:22:14 -0800
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
CC: <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-01.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Arno Bakker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
Creation date:	 2012-01-30
WG ID:		 ppsp
Number of pages: 37

Abstract:
    The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a peer-to-peer
    based transport protocol for content dissemination. It can be used
    for streaming on-demand and live video content, as well as
    conventional downloading. In PPSPP, the clients consuming the content
    participate in the dissemination by forwarding the content to other
    clients via a mesh-like structure.  It is a generic protocol which
    can run directly on top of UDP, TCP, or as a RTP profile. Features of
    PPSPP are short time-till-playback and extensibility. Hence, it can
    use different mechanisms to prevent freeriding, and work with
    different peer discovery schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed
    Hash Tables). Depending on the underlying transport protocol, PPSPP
    can also use different congestion control algorithms, such as LEDBAT,
    and offer transparent NAT traversal. Finally, PPSPP maintains only a
    small amount of state per peer and detects malicious modification of
    content. This documents describes PPSPP and how it satisfies the
    requirements for the IETF Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)
    Working Group&#39;s peer protocol.

The IETF Secretariat