Subject: [ppsp] #35: PPSP.REQ-8: More support needed for QoS?

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:38:53 -0000

#35: PPSP.REQ-8: More support needed for QoS?

 The current protocol has been designed for short-time-till-playback,
 unless limited by security considerations (cf. Issue #26 security of
 handshakes). Otherwise it operates in a best effort mode.

 But perhaps more is needed, as indicated in the description. Also
 relevant is issue 12 (=Support for UNHINT), as that helps in making
 requesting chunks from multiple peers at the same time efficient,
 as you can cancel the duplicates when you receive an answer.
 You may need double requests when some peers are slow and strong QoS
 is needed.

-- 
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |  Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |    Version:
 Severity:  -              |   Keywords:
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/35>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>