Subject: [ppsp] #37: PPSP.SEC.REQ-1: PPSP MUST support closed swarms, where the peers are authenticated.

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:43:33 -0000

#37: PPSP.SEC.REQ-1: PPSP MUST support closed swarms, where the peers are
authenticated.

 This ensures that only the authenticated users can access the
 original media in the P2P streaming system.  This can be achieved
 by security mechanisms such as user authentication and/or key
 management scheme.

-- 
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |  Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |    Version:
 Severity:  -              |   Keywords:
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/37>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>

---

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:45:51 -0000

Comment (by arno@…):

 In -02 the Enhanced Closed Swarms (ECS) design was added as one solution.
 A separate draft on the use of ECS in PPSP will follow.

 [ENHCLOSED] V. Jovanovikj, D. Gabrijelčič and T. Klobučar. "Access
 Control in BitTorrent P2P Networks Using the Enhanced Closed Swarms
 Protocol". In Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on
 Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies (SECURWARE
 2011), pp. 97-102, Nice, France, August 2011.

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |       Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/37#comment:1>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>