Subject: [ppsp] #40: PPSP.SEC.REQ-4: PPSP MUST have mechanisms to limit potential damage caused by malfunctioning and badly behaving peers in the P2P streaming system.

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:51:45 -0000

#40: PPSP.SEC.REQ-4: PPSP MUST have mechanisms to limit potential damage  caused
by malfunctioning and badly behaving peers in the P2P streaming system.

 Such an attack will degrade the quality of the rendered media at the
 receiver.  For example, in a P2P live video streaming system a
 polluter can introduce corrupted chunks.  Each receiver integrates
 into its playback stream the polluted chunks it receives from its
 other neighbors.  Since the peers forwards chunks to other peers,
 the polluted content can potentially spread through much of the P2P
 streaming network.

-- 
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |  Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |    Version:
 Severity:  -              |   Keywords:
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/40>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>

---

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:52:39 -0000

Changes (by arno@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 A per-message analysis of vulnerabilities was added to -02 as Section
 13.5.

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |       Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/40#comment:1>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>