Subject: [ppsp] #38: PPSP.SEC.REQ-2: Confidentiality of the streaming content in PPSP SHOULD be supported

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:46:46 -0000

#38: PPSP.SEC.REQ-2: Confidentiality of the streaming content in PPSP SHOULD be
supported

-- 
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |      Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major          |  Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |    Version:
 Severity:  -              |   Keywords:
---------------------------+---------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/38>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>

---

From: "ppsp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 07:47:59 -0000

Changes (by arno@…):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 No extra mechanism is needed in to support confidentiality in PPSPP. A
 content publisher wishing confidentiality should just distribute content
 in cyphertext / DRM-ed format. I assume a higher layer handles key
 management out-of-band. Alternatively, the swarm access control will
 point-to-point encrypt content.

 This is now explained in Sec. 13.4 of -02.

-- 
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  arno@…         |       Owner:  draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol@…
     Type:  enhancement    |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major          |   Milestone:
Component:  peer-protocol  |     Version:
 Severity:  -              |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                 |
---------------------------+----------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/ppsp/trac/ticket/38#comment:1>
ppsp <http://tools.ietf.org/ppsp/>