Subject: [ppsp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-11.txt> (Problem Statement and Requirements of Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 08:12:00 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol
WG (ppsp) to consider the following document:
- 'Problem Statement and Requirements of Peer-to-Peer Streaming Protocol
   (PPSP)'
  <draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement-11.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-11-26. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Peer-to-Peer (P2P for short) streaming systems show more and more
   popularity in current Internet with proprietary protocols. This
   document identifies problems of the proprietary protocols, proposes
   the development of Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol (PPSP) including
   the tracker and peer protocol, and discusses the scope, requirements
   and use cases of PPSP.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-problem-statement/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.