Subject: [ppsp] I-D Action: draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 23:26:35 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Peer to Peer Streaming Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP)
	Author(s)       : Arno Bakker
                          Riccardo Petrocco
                          Victor Grishchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-05.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2013-01-22

Abstract:
   The Peer-to-Peer Streaming Peer Protocol (PPSPP) is a transport
   protocol for disseminating the same content to a group of interested
   parties in a streaming fashion.  PPSPP supports streaming of both
   pre-recorded (on-demand) and live audio/video content.  It is based
   on the peer-to-peer paradigm, where clients consuming the content are
   put on equal footing with the servers initially providing the
   content, to create a system where everyone can potentially provide
   upload bandwidth.  It has been designed to provide short time-till-
   playback for the end user, and to prevent disruption of the streams
   by malicious peers.  PPSPP has also been designed to be flexible and
   extensible.  It can use different mechanisms to optimize peer
   uploading, prevent freeriding, and work with different peer discovery
   schemes (centralized trackers or Distributed Hash Tables).  It
   supports multiple methods for content integrity protection and chunk
   addressing.  Designed as a generic protocol that can run on top of
   various transport protocols, it currently runs on top of UDP using
   LEDBAT for congestion control.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-ppsp-peer-protocol-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/