Subject: [PSAMP] RFC 5477 on Information Model for Packet Sampling Exports

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 16:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5477

        Title:      Information Model for Packet Sampling 
                    Exports 
        Author:     T. Dietz, B. Claise,
                    P. Aitken, F. Dressler,
                    G. Carle
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      46
        Characters: 84673
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-psamp-info-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5477.txt

This memo defines an information model for the Packet SAMPling
(PSAMP) protocol.  It is used by the PSAMP protocol for encoding
sampled packet data and information related to the Sampling process.
As the PSAMP protocol is based on the IP Flow Information eXport
(IPFIX) protocol, this information model is an extension to the IPFIX
information model.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Packet Sampling Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute