Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ALPN Tokens and Alt-Svc (#90)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 13:49:49 -0800

For #87 -- adds ALPN token guidelines and IANA registration.  Also defines Alt-Svc v= parameter and adds registration for that.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90

-- Commit Summary --

  * Alt-Svc text -- starts to address #87
  * Move ALPN considerations to Connection Establishment
  * Never, never, never be redundant or repetitive.
  * Merge branch 'master' into alpn-alt-svc

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-http.md (101)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 10:16:26 -0800

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

bab7dd2  Merge branch 'master' into alpn-alt-svc

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90/files/39f20905193c920e541c2423772c82a71e573332..bab7dd237f9e82ad4d22a488094956bfe0b7b810

---

From: Alessandro Ghedini <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 15:13:53 -0800

ghedo commented on this pull request.

> +
+Only implementations of the final, published RFC can identify themselves as 
+"hq". Until such an RFC exists, implementations MUST NOT identify themselves 
+using these strings. 
+
+Implementations of draft versions of the protocol MUST add the string "-" and 
+the corresponding draft number to the identifier. For example, 
+draft-ietf-quic-http-01 is identified using the string "hq-01". 
+
+Non-compatible experiments that are based on these draft versions MUST append 
+the string "-" and an experiment name to the identifier. For example, an 
+experimental implementation based on draft-ietf-quic-http-09 which reserves an 
+extra stream for unsolicited transmission of 1980s pop music might identify
+itself as "hq-09-rickroll". Note that any label MUST conform to the "token"
+syntax defined in Section 3.2.6 of [RFC7230]. Experimenters are encouraged to
+coordinate their experiments on the [email-masked] mailing list.

Should the mailing list be [email-masked]`? The one listed above doesn't seem to exist https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/ietf-quic-wg/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90#pullrequestreview-13871543

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 20:58:06 -0800

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Bah, yes.  That's what I get for assuming mailing list norms stayed the same and copying text from the HTTP/2 spec.

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2016 20:59:01 -0800

a001407  Fixing mailing list address

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/90/files/bab7dd237f9e82ad4d22a488094956bfe0b7b810..a001407c66dd6566e96f55a287a31836174d1f50