Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Consider eliminating PRIORITY region from HEADERS (#72)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 13:20:43 -0800

In HTTP/2, the HEADERS frame "opened" a stream.  In this mapping, any frame can appear first on a stream, since the stream "opens" at the QUIC layer.  Do we still need the PRIORITY region in HEADERS, or should implementations just send a PRIORITY frame if they want to declare prioritization?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/72

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:39:41 -0800

Closed #72.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/72#event-890822888

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:39:41 -0800

Done in current draft.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/72#issuecomment-266513828

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2016 10:05:07 -0800

For future reference, PRIORITY needs to move off-stream because changes aren't necessarily commutative.  [A->B, A->C] produces a different result than [A->C, A->B], for a trivial example.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/72#issuecomment-269025943