Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Complete congestion control text (#776)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:34:36 -0700

Attempts to add enough detail to the text description of congestion control that the pseudocode is not strictly necessary.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776

-- Commit Summary --

  * Complete congestion control text

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (52)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:54:16 +0000 (UTC)

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

60545c8  Add text on pacing rate

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776/files/73b3387d87592c2b63c6eb2532d4382a3faaab40..60545c878b2990c9b97aa8957326c0ec6388fd63

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 17:11:19 -0700

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Thanks for the additions/changes.  A couple of nits, but LGTM.

> @@ -585,22 +585,62 @@ both the median and mean min_rtt typically observed on the public internet.
 # Congestion Control
 
 QUIC's congestion control is based on TCP NewReno{{?RFC6582}}
-congestion control to determine the congestion window and pacing rate.
+congestion control to determine the congestion window(aka CWND) and 

nit: remove "(aka CWND)" since it's not used anywhere else

>  number of acknowledged bytes when each ack is processed.
 
-## Recovery
+## Congestion Avoidance
+
+Slow start exits to congestion avoidance.  Congestion avoidance in NewReno
+uses an additive increase multiplicative decrease(AIMD) approach that

nit: space before "(AIMD)"

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776#pullrequestreview-63522297

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 18:00:39 -0700

9d5ec51  Fix nits

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776/files/60545c878b2990c9b97aa8957326c0ec6388fd63..9d5ec51f013ca70959e74c663c95c0149e0a2804

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 01:03:27 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #776.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/776#event-1254541505