Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Why do I have to send STREAM_BLOCKED? (#802)

From: ekr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 06:46:29 +0000 (UTC)

```
   If a sender does not receive a MAX_DATA or MAX_STREAM_DATA frame when
   it has run out of flow control credit, the sender will be blocked and
   MUST send a BLOCKED or STREAM_BLOCKED frame.  These frames are
   expected to be useful for debugging at the receiver; they do not
   require any other action.  A receiver SHOULD NOT wait for a BLOCKED
   or STREAM_BLOCKED frame before sending MAX_DATA or MAX_STREAM_DATA,
   since doing so will mean that a sender is unable to send for an
   entire round trip.
```

If this is just for debugging, why is it required?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/802

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 00:45:38 -0700

Closed #802.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/802#event-1269227908

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 00:45:38 -0700

I have the same question in #65.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/issues/802#issuecomment-332755897