Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 795657: Mask packet numbers with a per-connection-ID key

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2018 22:20:48 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/pnadd
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 795657864b0d171366dc87498298e76b0d18484f
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/795657864b0d171366dc87498298e76b0d18484f
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-01-09 (Tue, 09 Jan 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Mask packet numbers with a per-connection-ID key

This changes the key schedule so that connection ID is part of the key
derivation.  Secrets are generally unchanged, except that the handshake secret
is now fixed (we integrate the connection ID via key derivation).

Packet numbers now start from zero, with an additive masking value that is
derived in the same way that packet protection keys are.

Closes #1034, #850.