Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 327dd4: Rework packetization section

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2018 17:54:50 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/packets-and-frames-v2
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 327dd47a495749f1d7d7873c1fde806890d444c0
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/327dd47a495749f1d7d7873c1fde806890d444c0
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-01-16 (Tue, 16 Jan 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rework packetization section

In line with our established principles for retransmission, I've reworked the
description of packetization.  The description now concentrates on the
information that is being repaired in response to perceived loss.  This should
help avoid the confusion about retransmission.

Two new subsections are added to the packetization section.  One covers the
processing of packets and includes the existing text on processing requirements
before acknowledgment.  The other includes the retransmission logic.

The retransmission section still mentions frame types, but I've tried to make
that secondary to the description of the information that is being repaired.

I also removed mention of "Regular QUIC packets", which only occurred in 3
places.

Closes #463, #765.