Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Pick a new connection ID with Retry packets (#1066)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 18:18:19 -0800

Part of why we were echoing the connection ID in Retry is now no longer
relevant. We now have encryption providing the primary proof of receipt
for the Initial packet.

Allowing the server to pick a new connection ID and include that in the
Retry packet header allows servers to steer clients.

Closes #713, #1041.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066

-- Commit Summary --

  * Pick a new connection ID with Retry packets

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 18:23:09 -0800

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

830da7d  Cleanup

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066/files/74257a085c8fee5dc781934f2c73f4147567809e..830da7d7d807b902b94214fc92801ecac03ef5ca

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 02:32:34 +0000 (UTC)

74257a0  Remove echo text snafu

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066/files/69abaf6cf8fb6881397aa12c1ad6d5b68e79f14b..74257a085c8fee5dc781934f2c73f4147567809e

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2018 00:32:05 +0000 (UTC)

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066#pullrequestreview-91380075

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2018 18:06:37 -0800

Merged #1066.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1066#event-1440791316