Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 378f54: Rework packetization section

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 20:56:44 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/master
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 378f5438e8fffbaaf45c5707b9eb1442f8403603
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/378f5438e8fffbaaf45c5707b9eb1442f8403603
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-02-13 (Tue, 13 Feb 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Rework packetization section

In line with our established principles for retransmission, I've reworked the
description of packetization.  The description now concentrates on the
information that is being repaired in response to perceived loss.  This should
help avoid the confusion about retransmission.

Two new subsections are added to the packetization section.  One covers the
processing of packets and includes the existing text on processing requirements
before acknowledgment.  The other includes the retransmission logic.

The retransmission section still mentions frame types, but I've tried to make
that secondary to the description of the information that is being repaired.

I also removed mention of "Regular QUIC packets", which only occurred in 3
places.

Closes #463, #765.

  Commit: 6ac00a475867bb5c2b906223879c4b2df2d3ccce
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/6ac00a475867bb5c2b906223879c4b2df2d3ccce
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-02-13 (Tue, 13 Feb 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Tighten language around MAX_XXX

  Commit: e6beac4d18e2f896914d021040f9ccd17390b323
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/e6beac4d18e2f896914d021040f9ccd17390b323
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-02-14 (Wed, 14 Feb 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Make *BLOCKED retransmission rules clearer, add a little more general context

  Commit: f229404621fb4e89c8834e45876658da85b398c7
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/f229404621fb4e89c8834e45876658da85b398c7
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-02-14 (Wed, 14 Feb 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Merge pull request #1053 from quicwg/packets-and-frames-v2

Rework packetization section

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/c2c42100d78e...f229404621fb