Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Tls error (#1135)

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:47:59 +0000 (UTC)

I would like to add an error code, to use during the handshake when the TLS parameters proposed by the server cannot be accepted by the client. Example would be a bad certificate.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135

-- Commit Summary --

  * Merge pull request #1 from quicwg/master
  * Adding a TLS Failure error code

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 20:52:18 +0000 (UTC)

nibanks commented on this pull request.

> @@ -3724,6 +3724,10 @@ PROTOCOL_VIOLATION (0xA):
 : An endpoint detected an error with protocol compliance that was not covered by
   more specific error codes.
 
+TLS_NEGOTIATION_FAILURE (0xB):

You need to fix `UNSOLICITED_PATH_RESPONSE (0xB)` below so there isn't collision on the error codes. That being said, what's wrong with `TLS_HANDSHAKE_FAILED` defined in the QUIC TLS spec?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135#pullrequestreview-98355511

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:05:19 +0000 (UTC)

@huitema pushed 1 commit.

d49c460  Reverting the proposal, adding a pointer to the TLS draft.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135/files/453ea6efb3802938b5431a6741248d9a37100921..d49c460a92d0f66e634c5d30234ea96cecc67f62

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:06:16 +0000 (UTC)

huitema commented on this pull request.

Nothing wrong with TLS_HANDSHAKE_FAILED. Apart from not being documented in the transport draft... I updated the PR to just a pointer to the TLS draft.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135#discussion_r169793378

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:07:58 -0800

fd72f6d  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135/files/d49c460a92d0f66e634c5d30234ea96cecc67f62..fd72f6d449df7bac7d851ef48e75106360601140

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:13:38 -0800

4bb46bd  Fixing trailing white space.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135/files/fd72f6d449df7bac7d851ef48e75106360601140..4bb46bdcdacdc3af50fbdcefbf903e8d339569d1

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 14:21:16 -0800

https://www.facebook.com/hatepseudoscience/photos/pb.163735987107605.-2207520000.1519251574./1023329751148220/

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135#issuecomment-367495959

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 23:52:41 +0000 (UTC)

Love the subtle trolling in the image there :)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135#issuecomment-367518765

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2018 15:52:45 -0800

Merged #1135.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1135#event-1485905387