Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] ACK Optimization (#1159)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 07:20:16 -0800

Tell me if this reads more clearly.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159

-- Commit Summary --

  * ACK Optimization

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 15:23:05 +0000 (UTC)

@ianswett pushed 1 commit.

3eea966  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159/files/2e92e469e7cecf0d02132185b1980df1019b2e5c..3eea96672ff7c40499045039b9308cba84fb9298

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 22:18:11 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson approved this pull request.

Yes, this is fine.

> @@ -439,10 +439,12 @@ receiving a second full-sized packet.
 Out-of-order packets SHOULD be acknowledged more quickly, in order
 to accelerate loss recovery.  The receiver SHOULD send an immediate ACK
 when it receives a new packet which is not one greater than the
-largest received packet number.  If a receiver processes multiple
-packets before sending any ACK frames in response, they MAY not
-send an immediate ack if the received packets form a contiguous
-sequence starting one larger than the largest acked.
+largest received packet number.
+
+As an optimization, a receiver MAY process multiple packets before
+sending any ACK frames in response.  In this case they can determine
+whether an immediate or delayed ack should be generated after processing

ACK or acknowledgment.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159#pullrequestreview-101350460

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:20:01 -0800

ianswett commented on this pull request.

Thanks, I'll go with acknowledgement.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159#discussion_r172348703

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 14:21:24 -0800

2f91bb8  Update draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159/files/3eea96672ff7c40499045039b9308cba84fb9298..2f91bb82598032b8007d60b3a1321a9d8580c124

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2018 12:25:54 -0800

Merged #1159.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1159#event-1507425569