Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Enter closing after the idle timeout (#1179)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 01:20:06 -0800

The draft was a little unclear on this point and its important.  The idle timeout ends without sending CONNECTION_CLOSE, and it can end approximately simultaneously.  If both endpoints send CONNECTION_CLOSE and then go to closing, then they might start a packet storm if neither actually looks at packets they receive before retransmitting their close packet (which is permitted).  We want idle timeout to pass without packets, so this needs to be closing.

Closes #1178.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179

-- Commit Summary --

  * Enter closing after the idle timeout

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (7)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 20:34:26 +0000 (UTC)

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

Good catch.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179#pullrequestreview-102780582

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2018 22:33:12 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #1179.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1179#event-1514265640