Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Specify pacing in a bit more detail. (#1202)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:40:33 +0000 (UTC)

Closes 1056.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202

-- Commit Summary --

  * Specify pacing in a bit more detail.

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (19)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:45:56 +0000 (UTC)

ianswett commented on this pull request.

> @@ -951,11 +951,20 @@ slow start is re-entered.
 
 ## Pacing
 
-It is RECOMMENDED that a sender pace sending of all data, distributing the
-congestion window over the SRTT.  This document does not specify a pacer.  As an
-example pacer, implementers are referred to the Fair Queue packet scheduler (fq
-qdisc) in Linux (3.11 onwards) as a well-known and publicly available
-implementation of a flow pacer.
+This document does not specify a pacer, but it is RECOMMENDED that a sender pace
+sending of all data based on input from the congestion controller.  For example,
+a pacer might distribute the congestion window over the SRTT when used with a
+window-based controller, and a pacer might simply use the rate estimate of a

or a pacer might use the rate estimate...

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202#pullrequestreview-103928440

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:46:32 +0000 (UTC)

ianswett approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202#pullrequestreview-103928653

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:47:07 +0000 (UTC)

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

f2f5e05  remove simply

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202/files/0050ba0d9a3f4e8d97b0d7c7a728c7b77da340ce..f2f5e051af32ccfb95de6cf0d6253c7e20e12bb0

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 17:48:29 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #1202.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1202#event-1521580770