Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] 8ecd95: wip

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 21:28:08 -0800

Branch: refs/heads/symmetric-connection-id
  Home:   https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts
  Commit: 8ecd955816a10acbe8abd0cfc94c135ae8e7196b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/8ecd955816a10acbe8abd0cfc94c135ae8e7196b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  wip

  Commit: d55ddf8f56d22e157ddc6b1ac3ab4ffd7f7c2022
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d55ddf8f56d22e157ddc6b1ac3ab4ffd7f7c2022
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Symmetric connection IDs

Lots of changes here.

Obviously people will feel inclined to nitpick at the length encoding.  Feel
free, but I think that I have good reasons for my choices there.

The NEW_CONNECTION_ID thing is tricky.  As was the analysis around the
handshake packet keys.  Also, note the trick in Version Negotiation packets
about swapping the connection IDs.  That makes client packet handling much
simpler.

The big loss is in stateless reset, which I think that I've covered well
enough.

Closes #1101.

  Commit: d925ba0e27fd39e97fb46bd11e1dcaf097a00a74
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d925ba0e27fd39e97fb46bd11e1dcaf097a00a74
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-invariants.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Address review comments, closes #1052

  Commit: d8a59b3dbfd3c48bfeb1ef04be9dfe78ad42245b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/d8a59b3dbfd3c48bfeb1ef04be9dfe78ad42245b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Review-based tweakin'

  Commit: b6db6fae2815b363b6b7f46b8f001eb88f21b56e
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/b6db6fae2815b363b6b7f46b8f001eb88f21b56e
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Closes #1146 too

  Commit: 5343125a595cf4ecde3d921c6f6dd38d2ac89af9
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/5343125a595cf4ecde3d921c6f6dd38d2ac89af9
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Closes #821 too

  Commit: acf8bfe99785a6617962d7a4786cc389f0d7b84b
      https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/commit/acf8bfe99785a6617962d7a4786cc389f0d7b84b
  Author: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
  Date:   2018-03-06 (Tue, 06 Mar 2018)

  Changed paths:
    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

  Log Message:
  -----------
  Let's not flip around too often unnecessarily

Compare: https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/compare/387911ddd8b0...acf8bfe99785