Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Change CID after inactivity (#1214)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2018 17:17:49 +0000 (UTC)

Fixes #1087.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214

-- Commit Summary --

  * Change CID after inactivity

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (6)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:34:22 +0000 (UTC)

martinthomson approved this pull request.

> @@ -1876,6 +1876,12 @@ connection IDs, but it MUST ensure that it applies the associated packet number
 gaps for connection IDs that it skips in addition to the packet number gap
 associated with the connection ID that it does use.
 
+Clients MAY change connection ID at any time based on implementation-specific
+concerns.  For example, after a period of network inactivity NAT rebinding might
+occur when the client begins sending data again. A client might wish to break
+linkability by employing a new connection ID when resuming traffic after

when sending packets after a period of inactivity.

"resuming traffic" is less precise

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214#pullrequestreview-104500811

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2018 16:16:02 +0000 (UTC)

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

e147550  Martin's precision

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1214/files/5441cb9c6a127e57334c2e973e61ca608878ad22..e1475506bd8b1fc42f8003238d6afcb9907535d9