Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Spin Bit Reservation (#1283)

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:09:24 +0000 (UTC)

As discussed in London and confirmed on the list, this PR reserves bit 0x04 of the first octet of the short header for the spin bit, referencing a [draft](https://britram.github.io/draft-trammell-quic-spin/draft-ietf-quic-spin-exp.html) to be submitted shortly for the details of the spin bit.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283

-- Commit Summary --

  * reserve a bit to spin
  * rename ref

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (19)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283

---

From: Brian Trammell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 12:10:08 +0000 (UTC)

This PR supercedes #1046.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283#issuecomment-380075824

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 22:29:09 +0000 (UTC)

Brian,

The result of the discussion in London was that the bits would be reserved for experimentation -- not specifically for the Spin Bit. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283#issuecomment-380267862

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 15:30:13 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

17d863c  Just reserve it

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283/files/4ad68476b6e68739e067330024dad9f25aa477ba..17d863cb80556ba025fea59c7b753fa97612d464

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 00:07:15 +0000 (UTC)

That's OK, I fixed it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283#issuecomment-380285351

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 17:07:18 -0700

Merged #1283.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283#event-1567424108

---

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:17:59 -0700

My understanding of the meeting and the meeting notes is that the bit is reserved for spin bit experimentation since this is what the discussion was about and that there will be a reference to the spin-exp draft. There is no mention of general experiment usage in the meeting notes. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1283#issuecomment-383828955