Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Move QPACK control instructions to dedicated streams (#1238)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:14:44 -0700

@MikeBishop pushed 1 commit.

a01b60c  +----+ => -----

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1238/files/456a34381fb5a14eb799795830aa66cb7eda2792..a01b60cd4d39992514147ae12a8ed3c5959ae4d6

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 11:15:27 -0700

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

Rebased onto the changes in master, but kept the changes from the original PR.

 Table updates can add a table entry, possibly using existing entries to avoid
 transmitting redundant information.  The name can be transmitted as a reference
 to an existing entry in the static or the dynamic table or as a string literal.
 For entries which already exist in the dynamic table, the full entry can also be
 used by reference, creating a duplicate entry.
 
+Each set of encoder insructions is prefaced by its length, encoded as a variable
+length integer with an 8-bit prefix.

We should probably specify that these need to be complete instructions (i.e. no truncation), and require an error if one of the length-prefixed blocks ends mid-instruction.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1238#pullrequestreview-114904829