Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Swap payload length (#1294)

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 01:29:40 +0000 (UTC)

This PR swaps the positions of the payload length and packet number field in the long header. This will allow encryption of the packet number per PR #1079 without also encrypting the payload length at the same time. Because encrypting the payload length makes packet handling really complicated!
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294

-- Commit Summary --

  * Merge pull request #4 from quicwg/master
  * Swap the payload length and packet number fields in the long header

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (13)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294

---

From: Nick Banks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2018 01:41:44 +0000 (UTC)

nibanks approved this pull request.

LGTM

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294#pullrequestreview-112192560

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 22:20:30 -0700

I strongly recommend to modify 1079 in a way that does not modify any AEAD protected content at all, and that means moving the packet number further away.  But even without moving the packet number, it is possible to encrypt only the packet number without afffecting neighbouring fields using my proposed changes.

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1079#issuecomment-376165638

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294#issuecomment-381304597

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:21:03 -0700

Merged #1294.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294#event-1575160777

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2018 16:22:04 -0700

Yeah, this is what I planned to do when rebasing #1079. No sense in delaying it given that Christian has done the work. 

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1294#issuecomment-381446347