Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] fix stateless reset short header packet type (#1315)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 18:14:39 -0700

We changed the short header packet types a while ago.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315

-- Commit Summary --

  * fix stateless reset short header packet type

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 21:45:31 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

> @@ -2031,8 +2031,8 @@ this value differs from previous packets.  Ths results in two problems:
   about this.
 
 The Packet Number field is set to a randomized value.  The server SHOULD send a
-packet with a short header and a type of 0x1F.  This produces the shortest
-possible packet number encoding, which minimizes the perceived gap between the
+packet with a short header and a packet number length of 1 octet. Using the
+shortest possible packet number encoding minimizes the perceived gap between the
 last packet that the server sent and this packet.  A server MAY use a different
 short header type, indicating a different packet number length, but a longer

You might want to make a similar modification down here, "A server MAY indicate...."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315#pullrequestreview-114567361

---

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 00:37:34 +0000 (UTC)

@marten-seemann pushed 1 commit.

b98784a  Mike's review

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315/files/29d7a9f35b1212bac63be8f2ad2338f8cf8ca6ea..b98784a8ced57dd039becab279c056be534b7035

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:01:06 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315#pullrequestreview-114994248

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:01:13 -0700

Merged #1315.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1315#event-1592813118