Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Retransmit data, not packets (#1327)

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:21:17 -0700

You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327

-- Commit Summary --

  * Retransmit data, not packets

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-recovery.md (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327

---

From: Subodh Iyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:25:35 +0000 (UTC)

siyengar commented on this pull request.

> @@ -496,7 +496,7 @@ loss_detection_alarm:
 : Multi-modal alarm used for loss detection.
 
 handshake_count:
-: The number of times the handshake packets have been
+: The number of times all unacknowledged handshake data has been

"The number of times all unacknowledged handshake data has been transmitted"

without receiving an ack seems redundant :)

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#pullrequestreview-115255371

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 19:42:10 +0000 (UTC)

ianswett commented on this pull request.

 handshake_count:

It's consistent with tlp_count and rto_count because all get reset to 0 when an ack is received.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#discussion_r184183231

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:00:47 -0700

janaiyengar approved this pull request.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#pullrequestreview-115383659

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 16:00:54 -0700

Merged #1327.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#event-1595284409

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:26:30 -0700

MikeBishop commented on this pull request.

 handshake_count:

I think the point is that "unacknowledged ... without receiving an ack" is either redundant (if it's unacknowledged, of course you didn't receive an ack) or ambiguous (without receiving an ack of *that* data, or without receiving *any* acks for anything?) depending how you read it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#discussion_r184452181

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 09:42:52 -0700

handshake_count:

It's without receiving an ack for any new packets.  Does that deserve clarification in all 3 spots?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1327#discussion_r184457025