Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Remove unnecessary text from #1253 (#1254)

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2018 18:20:53 +0000 (UTC)

In the client case, it provides the value that it's the client that decides when to switch.  The server can't just decide to start sending you data on an address that you probed from but didn't intend to switch to.  In the server case, it means that the client still drives the point of handover, because only the client knows when all probes have completed successfully.

In a future generic server migration case, a server might decide it's going to switch, but it still needs the client to initiate traffic to that address for NAT purposes.  However, that's probing, so this text need not apply.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1254#issuecomment-378000680

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 17:48:34 +0000 (UTC)

MikeBishop approved this pull request.

Happier with this version.  Thanks.

> @@ -1569,12 +1569,15 @@ An endpoint MUST NOT initiate connection migration before the handshake is
 finished and the endpoint has 1-RTT keys.
 
 This document limits migration of connections to new client addresses.
-Migrating a connection to a new server address is left for future work. If a
-client receives packets from an unknown server address, the client MAY discard
-these packets.
+Additionally, clients are responsible for initiating all migrations.  Servers
+do not send non-probing packets (see {{probing}}) toward a client address until
+it sees a non-probing packet from that address.  Additionally, if a client

Two "additionally"s in three lines seems a bit redundant, as well as repetitive.  Perhaps drop the second one?

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1254#pullrequestreview-109432200

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 19:40:33 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

36aa385  Additionally, remove additionally

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1254/files/d09ab773fd8af9ef8cbbdf9817b9e0d262c68340..36aa38566603ddcdc8ccb549aec305cc6e102763

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2018 02:40:40 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #1254.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1254#event-1557825283