Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Use tilde instead of backticks, again (#1379)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 22:21:49 -0700

Unless you read the HTML, this doesn't appear to be a problem.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379

-- Commit Summary --

  * Use tilde instead of backticks, again

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-tls.md (8)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 09:15:08 -0700

I prefer the HTML output the backticks generate, frankly.  But in the text version, it's wrapped in quote marks, which isn't really what we want.  So I agree we need this change, but I wouldn't mind if the template styled the tilde blocks (`<samp>`) more like it does the backtick blocks (`<pre>`).

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379#issuecomment-391406914

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 18:10:00 -0700

Yeah, the problem is that kramdown doesn't see ``` as special.  It reads it as `<code></code><code>`, which is an inline elements, which causes the mess you see.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379#issuecomment-391555506

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2018 18:10:03 -0700

Merged #1379.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1379#event-1643142699