Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Rephrase text in PLPMTUD (#1337)

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 17:59:17 -0700

Closes #1335.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337

-- Commit Summary --

  * Rephrase text in PLPMTUD

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (12)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337

---

From: ianswett <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 18:53:45 -0700

ianswett approved this pull request.

LG, but two editorial comments.

> @@ -3088,11 +3088,11 @@ actually lost.

 The PADDING frame provides a useful option for PMTU probe packets that does not

nit: Other transports don't have padding?

> @@ -3088,11 +3088,11 @@ actually lost.

 The PADDING frame provides a useful option for PMTU probe packets that does not
-exist in other transports. PADDING frames generate acknowledgements, but their
-content need not be delivered reliably. PADDING frames may delay the delivery of
-application data, as they consume the congestion window. However, by definition
-their likely loss in a probe packet does not require delay-inducing
-retransmission of application data.
+exist in other transports. PADDING frames generate acknowledgements, but they
+need not be delivered reliably. As a result, the likely loss of PADDING frames

nit: likely is speculative, I'd remove it.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#pullrequestreview-117479345

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 19:08:52 -0700

martinthomson approved this pull request.

Address Ian's comments and we're good.

Yeah, I'd drop the does not exist bit.  It's a big claim and not really necessary.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#pullrequestreview-117480835

---

From: Lucas Pardue <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 18:50:42 +0000 (UTC)

LGTM as fix for the issue I raised

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#issuecomment-386698913

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 22:34:50 +0000 (UTC)

@janaiyengar pushed 1 commit.

1ba3d1a  ian's comments

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337/files/6bfa685b454e59af073ff4c8989177d5a6e44aef..1ba3d1a25b9347689a23b5857e414dce62c8f48d

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 22:35:26 +0000 (UTC)

janaiyengar commented on this pull request.

Addressed comments. PTAL.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#pullrequestreview-117785566

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 22:36:20 +0000 (UTC)

I'll just merge this, since I have yours approvals.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#issuecomment-386752189

---

From: janaiyengar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2018 22:37:30 +0000 (UTC)

Merged #1337.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1337#event-1610953039