Subject: Re: [quicwg/base-drafts] Stateless Reset Cleanup (#1328)

From: Marten Seemann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 23:09:39 -0700

marten-seemann approved this pull request.

> +of 1 octet. Using the hortest possible packet number encoding minimizes the
+perceived gap between the last packet that the server sent and this packet.  A
+server MAY indicate a different packet number length, but a longer packet number
+encoding might allow this message to be identified as a stateless reset more
+easily using heuristics.
+
+The random octets MUST be of a length equal to at least 18 octets plus the
+packet number length implied by the type field. A packet of this length
+simulates a packet with a short header, the maximum-length destination
+connection ID, a packet number of the appropriate length and (with the
+Stateless Reset Token) an authentication trailer, with no packet payload.
+
+In response to a packet with a short header, the server has no means of
+determining the source connection ID and is effectively using a random one
+instead. For a client that depends on the server including a connection ID,
+this will mean that this value differs from previous packets.  Ths results in

Nit: s/Ths/This

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1328#pullrequestreview-119618248