Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Narrow lint target to just the drafts (#1345)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 May 2018 18:58:07 -0700

Note that this doesn't filter out non-markdown drafts, so this will fail in the general case, but I don't think that we'll have that problem here.

Fixes #martinthomson/i-d-template#143 for @MikeBishop.  I hope.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345

-- Commit Summary --

  * Narrow lint target to just the drafts

-- File Changes --

    M Makefile (2)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 09:24:29 -0700

```
<Non-breaking change to doc>
mbishop@sea-wpwin:~/github/quic$ git add draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md
<Breaking change to doc>
mbishop@sea-wpwin:~/github/quic$ git status
On branch narrow-lint
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/narrow-lint'.
Changes to be committed:
  (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

        modified:   draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md

Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

        modified:   draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md

mbishop@sea-wpwin:~/github/quic$ git commit -m "DO NOT PUSH"
cat draft-ietf-quic-qpack.md | sed -e 's/{DATE}/2018-05-15/g'  | kramdown-rfc2629 > draft-ietf-quic-qpack.xml
** Configuration problem with OpenSSL certificate store at /usr/lib/ssl/cert.pem.
**   Activating workaround.  Occasionally run `certified-update`.
xml2rfc -q draft-ietf-quic-qpack.xml -o draft-ietf-quic-qpack.txt --text
115: Line is 104 characters; limit is 80
and can always be processed immediately. Innocuous change.Overrunning the end of the line intentionally.
Makefile:25: recipe for target 'lint' failed
make: *** [lint] Error 1
rm draft-ietf-quic-qpack.xml
Commit refused: documents don't build successfully.
To commit anyway, run "git commit --no-verify"
mbishop@sea-wpwin:~/github/quic$
```

No, it still seems to be running lint/building the documents in the directory rather than just the ones staged.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345#issuecomment-389228510

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 18:42:00 -0700

I see.  I think that this is an easy fix, but we'll see.  We would still need this change, but also some more changes on the template.  In progress....

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345#issuecomment-389367683

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 18:47:32 -0700

Merged #1345.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345#event-1628551375

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2018 18:47:44 -0700

@MikeBishop retry please.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345#issuecomment-389368570

---

From: Mike Bishop <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 11:32:04 -0700

Yep, works now.  Thank you!

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1345#issuecomment-389965098