Subject: [quicwg/base-drafts] Reword linkability on migration text (#1369)

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 03:32:26 -0700

Closes #1364.
You can view, comment on, or merge this pull request online at:

  https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369

-- Commit Summary --

  * Reword linkability on migration text

-- File Changes --

    M draft-ietf-quic-transport.md (11)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369.patch
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369.diff

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369

---

From: MikkelFJ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 03:45:46 -0700

mikkelfj commented on this pull request.

> @@ -1806,11 +1806,12 @@ support this, multiple NEW_CONNECTION_ID messages are needed.  Each
 NEW_CONNECTION_ID is marked with a sequence number.  Connection IDs MUST be used
 in the order in which they are numbered.
 
-An endpoint that to break linkability upon changing networks MUST use a
-previously unused connection ID provided by its peer.  Protection of packet
-numbers ensures that packet numbers cannot be used to correlate connections.
-Other properties of packets, such as timing and size, might be used to correlate
-activity, but no explicit correlation can be used to link activity across paths.
+Upon changing networks an endpoint MUST use a previously unused connection ID
+provided by its peer.  This eliminates the use of the connection ID for linking
+activity from the same connection on different networks.  Protection of packet
+numbers ensures that packet numbers cannot be used to correlate activity.  Other
+properties of packets, such as timing and size, might be used to correlate
+activity, but these changes ensure that the packet header cannot be used.

"but these changes" is a bit vague - how about "but using a path unique connection ID enures ..."

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369#pullrequestreview-122112852

---

From: Christian Huitema <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 06:11:03 -0700

huitema commented on this pull request.

Looks good to me, but I agree with @Mikkelfj, "but these changes" is loose text and wont stand well after another change or three.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369#discussion_r189893775

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:52:21 -0700

@martinthomson pushed 1 commit.

99b73d9  Update draft-ietf-quic-transport.md

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
View it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369/files/bdd93922c0ec37379d1d8d838d3b4cdcbd0d8ba2..99b73d9f604a91a4100f3cce31b02b8fe551786f

---

From: Martin Thomson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2018 23:53:03 -0700

Merged #1369.

-- 
You are receiving this because you are subscribed to this thread.
Reply to this email directly or view it on GitHub:
https://github.com/quicwg/base-drafts/pull/1369#event-1640999258